J

We followed Boss to the roof, where she finally told us what we were going to do.

"Flag, call for a chopper," she said sternly looking at the man.

He nodded and began to tap randomly on his device. It was a bit humid out here, probably was going to rain. That's the last thing my colorful, half-up-half-down, space-bun hair needed right now.

Within minutes of silence, the sound of a 'copter filled our ears. I was only slightly happy that we were going back now, I thought we were going to get to kill something huge.

We all looked towards the military looking chopper and Boss noticed something was wrong. Our chopper had been highjacked. Wanna know how I know? Whoever was in it began to shoot at us.

Finding cover behind an airshaft that was poking up from the building, I tried to see who was actually trying to kill me.

"What gives?!" I shouted before standing up. I was an open target but guess what, I missed every bullet that was headed my way because of my metahuman serum's advanced agility.

Walking towards the chopper was risky but what did I care? The closer I got to it, the more I could see who was trying to kill me.

The only person I didn't expect to see but hopefully wanted to. J, my J was standing right there shooting up the roof with his maniacal laugh.

 J, my J was standing right there shooting up the roof with his maniacal laugh

What was he doing here? Was he..? No... He couldn't be.

Harley walked out from behind a different airshaft and towards the edge of the building.

"Harley!" I shouted over all the noise.

She ignored me and removed her jacket before jumping off of the roof and grabbing onto a rope that was there just for her.

"Harley!" I tried again. This time she looked at me with a somewhat sad look on her face.

All I heard her shout back was that she'll come back for me. That wasn't enough.

Before the chopper could go too far, I grabbed the grappling hook I tested earlier and aimed it at a metal bar on the inside of the aircraft.

When it hooked on, I tugged a bit to check it until I finally jumped from the roof after Harley.

Swinging down, the wind blew through my hair, kind of messing it up more than it was before. I swung back and forth until I was dangling besides her at an almost steady pace.

She grinned happily when she saw me and tried to hug me but soon realized that we couldn't.

"Missy! This is so exciting!," she giggled, "I can't wait for you to meet Puddin'."

"Harley, you can't... Does he hit you?!," I asked with genuine concern. I don't think I've cared about someone this much, other than myself and J, before.