All About The Besties

Regaining consciousness in an empty room, being tied to a chair, and really wanting to kill whoever did this to me.

I'm most likely not gonna fall in love with whoever the hell this was like I did before.

"Wakey, wakey," a deep male voice spoke from what sounded like behind me.

I knew exactly who this was. J's bestie for life.

Laughing lowly to myself, I raspily said, "Oswald. Or should I say Penguin?"

He walked up from behind me with his cane noticeable in his clutch. "Surprise, Missy!" He scoffed amusingly.

"You're havin' fun with this, aren't ya? If you wanted to hang out, you could've just asked," I scoffed.

Oswald wasn't exactly my friend, but we kind of were. Let's just say our relationship was way more complicated than J and I's.

J and him used to partner up to do a bunch of crimes together, they were like Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. Two peas in a pod... just a hundred times crazier.

Ever since I came into J's life, we've been partners, leaving Ozzy in the dust. I do admit I felt horrible for taking his best friend away for him but not anymore. Asshole just kidnapped me!

"You know I never liked you, why I want to hang out with you?" He grinned.

I looked at him, grinning deviously back. "Oh, Ozzy. I think you're in love with J, too."

His grin transitioned to anger and frustration. Someone was turning red.

"Or you just miss your b-f-f..." I smirked.

"You are forgetting whose tied up here, Missy," he said cockily.

Still smirking, I looked between him and his men before saying, "no, I remember. He is." I nodded to a man behind him.

Ozzy looked behind him, which gave me an open chance to untangle the rope I loosened earlier from my hands and escape.

Of course his men came charging towards me, but it was a piece of cake considering I shoved them into the walls all at once with my mind tricks.

"That's new," Ozzy said with a small shrug.

"Cool, right?" I grinned before charging towards the one guard I nodded to earlier, knotting his hands behind his back tightly before knocking him out.

When I turned back to Oswald, he hit me the jaw with the bottom of his cane. A wave of pain instantly hit me and I could feel a small amount of blood escaping my mouth.

"Fuck!" I shouted, "c'mon, Ozzy! We were just becoming friends!"

Taking the small drops of blood that landed on my finger, I put it back in my mouth. The taste was sensational... like a drug.

"We'll never be friends," he said, going in for another swing, but I put my hand up to stop it from hitting me once again.

"Oh, Ozzy. Poor, poor Ozzy. We could've been friends and then you would've had your best friend back. You do know there's this thing called compromise, right?" I smiled, pushing the cane in his direction. He stumbled back slightly because of his slim and lanky figure.

Sliding my leg under him, he tripped on it and fell backwards. "One question before I might kill you." I said genuinely.

He looked at me, waiting.

"Why the name Penguin?" I asked in all seriousness, "it's kinda funny. What? Do you waddle everywhere?" I giggled to myself.

He rolled his eyes before I punched him unconscious.

"Good answer," I nodded.

Like I said earlier, Mr. Penguin-o was stupid enough to bring me to his mansion for today's kidnapping.

With the time I had, I decided to take a look around. I always had a thing for big houses, minus the fact that I live in one.

All over, there were pictures of Oswald and him with his, mostly likely, mother. My heart became warm for about point two seconds before turning to its original icey state.

When I saw those pictures of the two, I couldn't help but think of the past-me Jade. She loved her mother more than anything, especially since she found out that her father was alive.

I quickly shook the thoughts from my head and continued on. There was no way I'd find my shit in this place, I miss my little rainbow babies.

I decided to keep searching and I eventually ended up in one of Penguin's sitting rooms. It's Victorian style made me want to pack it up and take it home. It was beautiful!

But forget that for the moment, I need to find my guns! I walked over to all of the cabinets, tearing them apart, and sadly ruining the room, until I found my fur coat.

My beautiful hot pink faux fur coat that usually held all my weapons. Quickly grabbing it, I checked the inside to see if everythig was there, and they were!

It felt like how a normal person feels when someone remembers their birthday.

The sound of something moving in another room startled me for a second. I quickly slipped my coat back on and went to investigate.

Stealthily, I moved around the first floor expecting to see Penguin awake and searching for me, but instead I was just met with one of his guards, again.

"You guys just can't stay dead, can you?" I groaned in annoyance. Pulling out my gun, I shot him right in the middle of his forehead before he could possibly even touch a weapon.

His blood splattered on the wall behind him before his limp body fell. "That is one mess I'm not gonna clean up," I scoffed to myself.

What caught my attention after was the roaring sound of an engine. "That's my ride!" I grinned.

I sat in Penguin's "throne" with a smirk on my face, like I was about to ride the world's best rollercoaster. Well, I was gonna ride J, that counts, right?

Within a matter of seconds, a neon green sports car came crashing through the wall I was facing. And when the debris flew too close for my liking, I just blocked it with a swift hand movement.

J got out of the parked car with his gun in his hand, ready to kill some people but he just froze when he saw me sitting there.

"Damn, babe, what took you so long?"