Chapter 19

"When you never see the light
Its hard to see which one of us is caving"

Chapter 19

** Indicates the change of a point of view.

Happy reading! 

Border? Patrol? Wolf?

Someone was dead. What was happening?

I felt Dominic freeze right next to me. I looked up at him as he stared at the blonde man, his looks hard. They continued staring at each other as if they were communicating.

"Wha-what's going on?" I  looked between the two men who did not reply to me.

"Who's dead?" I whispered to Dominic staring into his again black eyes.

He didn't look down at me but nodded to the person who walked away.

"Dominic what's going on" I began to freak out a little, someone was dead.

Dominic sighed and turned to me, placing his hands on the small of my back.

"Don't worry its nothing let's get you inside"

"Someone died!" I cried

"Aurora please can we talk inside" he pleaded his eyes and face completely emotionless.

I nodded and turned to walk towards the house. Dominic was right behind me. I stared at the thick forest that surrounded us and a shiver ran down my back. I hated the darkness.

When I entered the house I felt a little better. I quickly entered the kitchen and grabbed my self a glass of water. I chugged it down closing my eyes at the relief i felt as it quenched my thirst.

"Listen to me Aurora" Dominic was by my side pushing me into a chair.

I sat down and he crouched down to his knees infront of me.

"Everything's alright okay? Don't worry about anything"

"Someone died" I protested.

"It would be a rouge- A wolf with no pack" he explained,i blinked still confused

"I'll take care of everything go get some sleep" He stood up and i stared at his tall figure.

"Be safe" I whispered

A barely there smile covered at the corner of his mouth. He brought the back of his hand to my face and stroked it lightly. His touch brought satisfaction and I found myself wanting more.

"Go to sleep" he turned and walked out.

***********************************

I walked towards the scent of a lifeless body. A few people crowded the body with cloths on their noses. I had grown fond of this scent. The scent of death.

The people started backing away as soon as they saw me approaching, bowing their head.

I nodded my head at them as they greeted me, standing infront of the body. The boy was young. Probably nineteen. His face was a mask of pain his skin extremely pale eyes lifeless and a single bullet wound between his eyes.

I crouched down inspecting the shot.

"What time was he found?" I inquired the wound looked fresh.

"Not more than half an hour Sir" Some one replied and i didn't bother turning to them. 

I remembered this boy. Mason. He came to my pack last year. He had no family and no mate. He had a deep passion to train, to fight and i was beginning to get fond of him.