15~The (mountain)Lion sleeps tonight

Today is a week since Tuf saw the mountain lion. I've now been carrying a gun every where I go. It always scares me when Tuf goes out to check on the horses and cows. We haven't seen a mountain lion yet though.
"Kaycee" Tuf yells from the front porch.
I walk out the door and stand beside him.
"What's up?" I asked.
"Look." He said and pointed towards my truck.
A mountain lion was sleeping beside the driver's side of my truck.
"What are we gonna do?" I asked.
"I called the game wardens. They're on their way to tranquilize it. They'll keep it at the reserve for a couple days before rehoming it somewhere else. Tuf and I watched the mountain lion until the game wardens got here. They quietly tranquilized the cougar before carefully loading it in a cage. We thanked them and they drove off.
"Do you want to go for a ride?" Tuf asked.
"Of course I do." I said and ran towards the barn.
I put Trix on crossties while Tuf got Queenie out. We tacked them up before setting off towards the point that overlooks the ranch. Tuf and I let the horses eat while we laid on the ground and looked up at the sky.
"I love you Kaycee Cooper." Tuf said as he grabbed ahold of my hand.
"I love you too Tuf Cooper." I said and kissed him.
An hour later, we mounted the horses and raced back home. Honestly, I have the best husband in the world.