17~Adoption?

Tuf and I have been fostering a 4 year old boy for 4 months. His name is Nathan and he's the sweetest kid ever. Tuf really likes him, and they've bonded really well. We are in the process of adopting, but I don't know how long it'll be until it's finalized.

2 months later...

It's official! Tuf and I just signed the papers to adopt Nathan. Now, he's Nathan Roy Cooper. We are so excited to permanently have Nathan in our home. After going to get ice cream, we head to Justin for a party at my parents' house. They just love Nathan. We eat supper before having cake and ice cream. Then, we play games and tell family stories. Nathan seems to be having fun because he's smiling a lot.

Later that night
We just got home from Justin and Tuf and I are tucking Nathan into bed.
"Goodnight mom and dad." He said as we left the room.
"He called us mom and dad." I said and cried happy tears.
Tuf and I climbed into our bed and I snuggled into his side.
"We should get him a pony." Tuf said.
"Ya we should. A family friend in Justin sells Shetlands." I said.
"Can we go look tomorrow?" He asked.
"Of course! I'll call them in the morning." I said.

The next morning, we drop Nathan off at Tuf's mom's house and headed to Justin. We went to the family friend's house and knocked on the door. Kylie answered.
"Kaycee is that you?" She asked
"Sure is." I said and hugged her.
We chatted for a bit before she took us to see the ponies.
Tuf and I picked out a white and red paint. We loaded the paint up and payed Kylie. We headed back to Decatur and put the pony in the barn before picking up Nathan.
When we got home, Tuf and I took him to the barn. We told him what stall to open and he opened it. Nathan smiled happily.
"Can I pet her?" He asked.
"Of course you can." Tuf answered.
Nathan threw his arms around the pony and gave her a big hug. Then he closed the stall and came over to Tuf and I.
"Thank you mom and dad." He said and hugged both of us.

I love this kid sooooooo much. And, I love my amazing husband. I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost either one of them