Chapter 24

Happy New Year! :D

Jace looking at his feet before smiling back at me, his eyes forgiving.

Oh my god! Was Jace going to help us? I felt all my energy come rushing back and hope burst inside me. We might actually get out of this and I’ll have Ian back! I kept my cool though, watching Jace to make sure he wasn’t joking.

Jace took my arm gentle, “I can take her from here Oda.” 

“I was specifically ordered to take her back, not you.” Oda growled, latching onto my arm and pulling me roughly from Jace’s grip. Jace glared at him and grabbed my arm. I looked between them as they both had a told on either side of me. Better not turn into a tug of war contest.

“Well,” Jace begun, looking away. Faster than lighting, Jace punched Oda in the face. I squealed and jumped in fright. 

Oda fell backwards, knocked out cold by Jace’s powerful punch. “Change of plans.” Jace finished. He took my forearm and pulled me past pasted out Oda.

“Come on, we don’t have much time.” Jace said, watching Oda carefully. Careful to make sure he’s really knocked out. 

I followed Jace down the corridor until we were back at the door Eliza and I had been held in. Jace moved me behind him as he opened the door where five, buff guys sat playing poker. Noticing our arrive, they stopped and glared at us.

“Hey guys, mine if I join?” Jace asked, walking it. In less that 30 seconds, all the guys were knocked out on the floor. I was frozen in shook, looking at all them laying on the ground.

“They’re not dead are they?” I asked, looked at each with horror. Jace shook his head no, and processed forward.

Snapping back to reality, I ran to catch up to Jace. Jeez he walked fast. Back in the room, I saw Eliza passed out in her cage. 

“Eliza!” I shouted, running over and kneeling next to her. “Jace, bring the cage down! Now!” I yelled. Jace did as told, lowering Eliza’s cage. Jace ran over and pried open the bars, instead of using the key. 

I am started to not be surprised by his strength, he is a vampire. I stumbled into the cage and pressed a finger to Eliza’s neck, checking for a pulse. She had one. Thank God!

“She just passed out from the silver.” I thought out loud. “Jace, help carrier her out.” I demanded, jumped away so Jace could slowly and carefully bring her out. He held her bridal style, limp in his arms and looked back at me.

I waited for him to say something, but he didn’t.

“Well? How do we get out of here?” I asked, looking around with panicked eyes.

“You don’t.” A new voice protested. I turned to see Markos and Reed standing in the doorway, seven other guys behind them. I knew they were no match for only Jace, and I started to feel hopeless again.