Chapter 5, Part 2

Ian’s P.O.V.

Every time I heard her scream or cry out for help, I would just get angrier. Who the hell was hurting my sweet angel?! Whoever it is, is going to pay for it! I could now smell her. Her scent was getting stronger the closer I got, but there was two other smells that filled my nose. Could these scents possible be the scents of the people hurting her? I'll kill them!

I didn't care if I got caught like this; a wolf. I just needed to protect my mate. I smelled blood now. Hannah's blood. My wolf was going crazy with fury. I burst down the door  of the small house and ran to where I heard someone laugh. Up on the stairs was a man in his late 30’s, chuckling and smiling with his crooked, yellow teeth. And a little bit ahead of him on the floor was my beautiful, sweet angel. Her body bruised and half naked. I growled, seeing red.

I couldn't control it. I was too angry. I sprang at him. He hurt my mate, he's dead!

The yellow toothed man screamed and cried out for help as I tackled him. I just smiled and kept ripping at his flesh, happy that the man who cause my mate pain was getting it right back. Karma! 

After the man quit screaming, I looked up to see my brunette angel gone. I narrowed my eyes as I saw a different man about my nineteen-year-old brothers age, go into a room. The room smelled of Hannah. She must be there. Who was that guy though? It clicked. Her step brother! Just as I neared the door I smelled more blood, the iron scent overwhelming.

The door was already open so when I reached it, I froze. 

The picture before me was horrid. The tall, dark haired man was beating my innocent Hannah with a bat. I lunged at him, claws out and jaw ready to rip his throat out. But, like lightening, he just slid under me and ran away. How did he do that?

I would've chased him, but my Hannah was too badly hurt and I am the only one to help her. Falling to my knees beside her, back in human form, I lifted her small body in my arms. She whimpered a little before going limp. Oh god! She's losing a lot of blood. My chest and arms were already stained red. Lifting her into my arms, bridle style, I ran downstairs, past the unidentifiable man, to my house.

"Help me! Someone help!" I shouted kicking open the front door of my house, Hannah motionless in my arms. She had completely passed out on the way. Her body still dripped blood from the cuts and damage to her head. God, don't let her die!

My father and mother came rushing into the room momentarily. I ran over and laid her on the couch. “Son, who is this?" My father questioned. My mother held her mates hand as they both looked at me with questionable, scared eyes.

"Hannah, my mate! Please just help her!” I shouted, holding her limp hand. As I was screaming at them, the pack doctor came in and started working on her. A few minutes later, I was told she had a few broken ribs, a broken arm, and a concussion. “She’s also in a coma.” 

I howled in pain at those words.

Hannah still hasn't gotten better. or woken up. After two weeks, for pete's sake! She's bound to wake up soon...right? Why didn't I protect her better? She doesn't deserve to be in such pain. 

It was two in the morning and I haven't left her side since the moment I saved her from that hellhole of a house. I stayed and held her hand, circling the inside of her palm with my thumb. Why won't she wake up? Doesn't she know that I am hear to protect her now?

"Hannah, sweetheart. Please wake up. I need you to wake up. Please, every second you don't wake up the more likely you’ll never wake up. Please, Hannah. I need you, wake up. I love you." I whispered, clutching her tiny hand in mine. I closed my eyes and pressed her hand to my face, breathing in her calming scent. She smelled like vanilla lavender. 

Suddenly,I felt her fingers tighten on mine.