16

I knew it was to good to be true. Every single time something good happens in my life something goes wrong. Now I know I'm being dramatic. I know I shouldn't have thought everything was going to change because of a boy. But that's my problem, I guess. No one has liked me since grade school and even then only one person ever did. I get so attached to anyone who shows interest because people barely show interest.

Sammy and I were still good but it would take a lot to ruin that relationship. I just thought things were going to change and I guess that was just to much to ask for.

The guys and I talked every once in a while. I'd sit with them if I ate in the lunchroom. But Jack was just distant. Maybe he just doesn't know how to say he's not interested and not hurt me. Maybe he thought I would be different. People always think I'm mysterious because I'm shy and then they get to know me and they realize I'm not as great as they though I was.

I heard Sammy honk outside so I quit overthinking and headed outside. When I looked to the car I noticed Derek was in the passenger side and Gilinsky was in the back behind Sammy.

I took a quick breath preparing myself for any awkwardness that was most likely going to happen on this car ride.

I opened the door and put my backpack in the middle seat between Jack and I.

"Morning A." Sammy said looking at me through the mirror to see if I was okay.

"Morning Lil Ma." Derek said turning to look at me.

"Morning boys." I said trying to make my voice sound more cheerful than I actually was.

The reaction from Jack was no longer there when Derek said "Lil Ma" but I couldn't tell if he was just used to it or if he just didn't care anymore.

"So y'all needed a ride?" I asked hoping Jack would finally look up from his phone and answer.

"Yeah Nate and Johnson were up to something so we were stuck with this loser." Derek said ruffling Sammy's hair.

"Dude not the hair." Jack shook his head and laughed at Sammy being fussy about his hair. We pulled up to a red light and Sammy put his visor( Idk the thing in the car that protects your eyes from the sun) down and opened the mirror on it and started fixing his hair.

We all laughed at him until the car behind us honked.

"Sweet baby Jesus." I yelled holding my heart.

Derek and Sammy busted out laughing at me being scared my the horn. But Sammy kept it kind of under control because he was driving.
Jack put his hand on my knee making a shiver run down my spine.

"Are you okay?" He asked close to my ear so only I heard.

"Yeah I just got a little scared." I said softly because his face was still really close to mine.
I don't know if he knew what he was doing to me but he was doing it right. I felt like complete mush whenever he was close to me. I couldn't say more than a few words, I feel stuck in my place, I just get nervous anytime he's close. He nodded and smiled sitting back in his position but leaving his hand on my knee. I smiled at the fact he was touching me. I know it might not mean a lot to some people but in a way it shows he cares.

"Someone take the Aux away from Sammy this is not okay." I said pouting out Sammy's bad music.

"I got you, Ma." Derek said playing some Bryson Tiller

"Yes my Baby Daddy." I said when I heard who it was.

Everyone laughed at me not my fault hot guys that can sing stay winning.

"I thought Drake was your baby daddy." Sammy said

"Drake is just my Daddy in general."

All heads whipped to me.