❝m i s s m e?❞

____________________

Eileen picks up the mascara brush, delicately applying the liquid to her lashes, watching as they get longer and bolder thanks to the magic of makeup. She meets her own eyes in the mirror, smiling a little when she sees they look like a prettier shade of brown when outlined with eye makeup.

Your eyes look so much brighter and so beautiful today.

The smile vanishes from her face at the thought of these words, something Hayden had said to her one day, a few weeks ago. She lets out a sigh, then shakes her head. She and Hayden hadn't spoken in three weeks now, mainly because Eileen kept ignoring his texts. She couldn't face him or talk to him, not after the incident. It hurt her so much seeing him with some girl, especially after all the months they'd spent together. Not to mention, the girl's words to him before she had left, and the fact that it was supposed to be her lunch date with Hayden. She exhales again, putting down the mascara bottle onto the dresser and picking up her phone.

It's almost automatic as she taps the Messaging icon and opens up his message thread. The last text is from one week ago today, and Eileen feels an ache in her heart at the thought that he gave up on trying to contact her. She doesn't blame him though - after all, she's the one who reads the text but doesn't reply, avoids him in the hallways, and ignores him in class. She can't stop herself from reading over the texts though, his words so sweet that it almost makes her tear up.

She blinks, making sure there's no tears in her eyes; she can't ruin her perfectly done winged eyeliner and eyelashes over a boy

She blinks, making sure there's no tears in her eyes; she can't ruin her perfectly done winged eyeliner and eyelashes over a boy. She shakes her head, locking her phone then putting it on the dresser. She turns back to her reflection, gauging her appearance and trying to see what she's missing. She purses her lips, realizing her lipstick got messed up when she and the rest of the performers ate pizza earlier. She picks up her favourite shade of matte lipstick from her makeup bag, applying it carefully onto her lips.

When she finishes, she steps back, examining her entire reflection in the full length mirror. She's wearing a black frock that hugs her curves, along with golden jewelry and black heels. Her red locks are laid out over one shoulder, and her eyes - she admits - are bright and beautiful.