❝m i s s e d y o u m o r e❞

____________________

"No, don't worry, Mom," Eileen says into her phone, the sound of chatter and the dying music making it hard for her to be heard. Prom night has come to an end, and everyone is getting picked up or driving off in their rented limos. "I'm just going over to Paige's house with Will and Hayden for a pizza party or whatever. I'll be home a few hours later tonight; if not, then tomorrow morning," she reassures her mother, raising her voice.

"Just don't drink," her mom says, her tone serious yet hysterical at the same time. "Or do drugs. Or go skinny dipping. Or streaking. Don't get kidnapped. And call me if you need anything."

Eileen nods to herself, then replies with, "Don't worry, Mom. I'll talk to you later. Love you," she lets the last word drag out as she ends the call, not allowing her mom to give her any other reminders.

"Ready to go?" Hayden walks over to her, his jacket slung over his forearm and his car keys being twirled around by one hand.

"Yeah," Eileen responds with a smile. "What about Paige and Will?" She looks around, noticing the number of people around them dwindling and not seeing their friends in sight.

"They went ahead," Hayden says, extending his arm out to her playfully and leading her back to where his car is parked. "I told them we were stopping by somewhere, then we'd catch up."

Eileen watches as he opens the passenger door, and she raises one eyebrow despite knowing he can't see her. She gets into the car, then waits till he's seated next to her before speaking. "We're going somewhere?"

Hayden doesn't respond. Instead, he offers her a small smile then starts the car. He's already left the venue and turned on a few roads before he says anything again. "You'll see, love," he murmurs and Eileen pouts at him. He sees her expression from the corner of his eye and he laughs.

He drives carefully, reaching over with one hand to grab hers. It happens to be rested on her lap, between her legs. He gulps and pulls it onto the center console, not trusting himself to keep his cool if his hand was touching her.

"Are we where we're supposed to be yet?" Eileen asks, running circles on his hand with her thumb.

"Yeah, actually we are," Hayden stops the car, before getting out and walking around to the back to grab something from the trunk. He comes back with a change of clothes for himself and Eileen, but she barely notices as she's staring outside.