Back in Action

I was definitely still a bit shaken up after coming home from the Shopper's Drugmart a couple days ago.

Yesterday, I went back to Jackson's house so that I could pick up my purse. He seemed worried about me, and he apologized many times for his brother's drunk friends.

Everything else has been pretty normal, even Sabrina is acting nice. I just assumed that she's being nice because of the rumours going on about what happened to me.

Luckily, my parents refrained from calling the police that night, but the gossip was extremely exaggerated. As soon as I got to school, I hugged each of my friends super tight, and we all went over what happened a couple nights ago.

Since we were all so scared that night, each of my friends was lost for a bit, but they stopped running close enough to each other to be reunited.

Mary said that each of them was screaming my name, and calling my phone frantically. It made me feel terrible about leaving them, even though I knew it wasn't my fault.

Besides that, the day was very close to regular. I felt greatly relieved by this.

Well, that's what I thought.

I turned my key in the door of my house, and stepped inside.

The first thing I could smell was the strong, bitter smell  of alcohol.

I started to walk faster until I reached the kitchen, and I found my Uncle sitting at the dining table with a bottle of liquor and a glass in front of him.

He was staring straight ahead of the table, almost as if he was focusing on something in the distance.

"Uncle Scott? Are you okay?"

His head slowly turned towards me and he let out a laugh that sounded more sad than happy.

"Sasha, go to your room right now, or else."

The words seemed to hang in the air and my happy mood suddenly became hurt. As usual, my legs started to feel like jelly and my hands became sweaty. This feeling was all too familiar, but it felt so strange in my own house.

Uncle Scott suddenly stood up and he took one threatening step towards me.

"Uncle Scott... Please don't do this. I didn't do anything this time." I begged.

My throat was starting to seize, and my sweaty hands were so shaky that I had to grip the fabric of my jeans to keep my anxiety from showing.

"I said, go to your room! This is none of your business! Both you and Tanya are such nosy, stubborn, disrespectful people! LEAVE NOW!" He yelled manically.

Out of fear, I ran upstairs and slammed my bedroom door.

'Why did he have to act like this?' I thought, as my eyes started to tear up.

I had no idea why Uncle Scott was drinking like that, but I'm pretty sure that Aunt Tanya wasn't wrong about him having a problem with alcohol.

It was a guaranteed fact that he would've hit it me if I didn't leave when I did.

*Beep beep*

I heard my phone vibrate on my bed, as it displayed a text that I'd just received.

It was Stephanie:

Hey, did u get the answer for question 7 of the homework?? Idk what to do lmao.

I was glad to have a distraction from my current situation, so I started my homework then texted Steph once I was finished.

After explaining the homework to Stephanie, we ended up texting for a while. We chatted about what we were gonna wear to graduation; I told her about helping Carol with Sabrina bullying her; and our conversation
eventually shifted into boy gossip.

Steph:

Jackson rlly likes u :) ik you don't wanna believe it, but he's so over Elena.

Me:

No way, Steph. He hasn't called or texted me in weeks lmao

Steph:

Maybe u should text him first! ;)

With that message from Steph, I was contemplating texting him. It couldn't possibly be that bad.