2.Je meurs de faim

2.I am starving.

It's almost as if
                                                 God ran out of room
To put stars,
                                                 So the rest were Put in her eyes.
     -Ziamricochet-

•..........•

My nose filled with  sweet smell of pancakes. fluttered my eyes open and met a small note on your spot. I untangled myself from the sheets and held the paper which read,
"have it before they cool. -Don't miss me"
It's like a default setting in me to miss you,  the days I don't wake up to your beautiful face  a part of my heart sinks. And, every second of your company is precious. I can't take the time for granted.

Your pancakes had your signature style. Chocolate chips hidden in each bite. The flavor melted on my tongue and my eyes blurred. I feared thinking about my last bite, the last bite of your hand made before I leave. I washed the dishes and changed into my baggy blue sweater you adored me in.

The sun was still shining, 11:49 and I knew just the place where I would find you. I drove to the sick bay and spotted your red bicycle parked. This place made me feel abhorrent and seeing you between these walls sucked the energy out of me. The stench from the medicines surrounded the air,filling in my lungs.

I found you in room B28. A ghost smile painted on your thin lips as you bitterly watched the doctor inject the antidote in your veins. You knew it was just a formality you had to take. She handed you a written prescription for your oral doses to replace the injection.

Your dark eyes met mine. Dabbing a piece of cotton on the spot, you planted a kiss on my nose, the kiss felt like a brush of a feather. But it was enough for me. I placed your two wheeler on the roof of our car and we drove back to our crib. You were noiseless. You sat back, drumming your fingers on your thigh to the song on the radio, staring out of the clear glass. I knotted my fingers in yours and gently squeezed them reviving you my presence. Your lips curved up and you squeezed my hand back and kissed it.

I wanted to tell you more about how important you are to me,will always be but my tongue felt heavy and I couldn't utter a word.I just prayed in silence that you would know how much you mean to me.

We headed back home after grocery shopping and I begged you to make me some more pancakes."I'm tired." You whined. "Just make it yourself." I pouted "pretty please?" Before receiving a groan from you. You muttered something and stomped into the bedroom for what I guessed was to change,and came out still mumbling, floating in my black tank top with a pizza doodled on it and captioned "circle of life". You went behind the kitchen counter slamming the pan on the stove.

"I'm going to get you." You scolded,creasing your beautifull forehead that you also call a ten head . I came behind you and planted a kiss on your shoulder to calm you.
And your body relaxed between my arms and sighed.
"I love you." I mumbled.