10.L'amour l'emporte

10.Love wins.

I think when

you love someone,

You write a little

Bit of your soul

Onto their soul.
Weave a little bit

Of your heart Into

their heart.
-thegreensoul-

•_________•

After my follow up with Dr.Shire I headed home hoping to find my paycheck in my mail. But I found something else instead. And that something happened to be you. Weren't you supposed to be at work?

Your body was stiff, I could tell by just looking at your back from the doorframe of our room. An uneasy feeling whirled inside me making me feel weak in my knees. I hesitated a little bit before walking to you. And what you had in your hands was supposed to be a secret that was going to die with me.

You slowly turned to face me. I gasped when I saw your glossy eyes. How could I be so careless or wait, why were you so nosy? I guess I was remorseful, I'm not quite sure what the feeling was but it certainly was not good.

"What were you waiting for, the end of the world?" You croaked. That's when I realized, it wasn't my reports you found. Those tears were of joy. Which you dint deserve, not from me, but someone better. "I-I'm sorry.." I mumbled. I had been planning for this moment, but discarded it when my lungs turned into my foe.

"Why were you going through my stuff?" I asked you in a low voice. I couldn't help but look a bit unhappy. I didn't want to give you the wrong idea, but this isn't supposed to happen now. "I came by to get something and I thought maybe you'd have it and I.. Found this." You replied.

"Owling tonight. Be ready by 6. I've to rush now" You ordered and left answering the phone call you received . There was excitement Bubbling in your voice.

Sighing, I threw myself on our bed with cold sheets and placed my palm on my forehead.
This is getting harder day by day. Thanatos, Hades,take me now.

I rested myself on the dewy grass, letting it dampen my jeans. Deep breaths Trace, I kept chanting. I was beyond confused now because, what you found out is going to crush everything. Or maybe I could take this as an opportunity to let go off you, easing your pain.

"So.. Care to share when you got the idea?" You asked me. You tried your best to sound low, as if you were mad at me but you failed awfully. Your voice was laced with happiness, and I felt anxious.

This is the chance. "I'm sorry, Liberty" I started clearing my throat. Your eyes glinted with hope "But, you got the wrong idea." I completed pursing my lips,rubbing the spot between my brows. It was something I always do when I'm serious. So I did the same to make you believe how serious I was. My throat was burning and my tongue felt heavy as I blurted these words. Your face turned pale in a second like you bought what I just said. Shit.

"What'd you mean?" You fired back, letting out an airy laugh. I didn't have the courage to look you in the eyes and lie. So I stared at the trees which were distant from us. "The ring..Isnt for you" I spat.

It was like the whole world fell into a sudden pause. the air felt heavy. I took all my energy to look up at you. And what I witness made me realize what I just did. You were just there, still as ever. But your eyes were glistening and silent tears streamed down your numb cheek. You were biting your lip so hard that I could tell for sure it was bleeding.

I had the ability to break you and this is how I chose to do it? I don't deserve this life then. You're the strongest girl I've ever seen who carries the pain on her shoulders gracefully. And seeing how 'I' affected you sank my heart.

"Oh, Liberty." I spoke, trying to get you in my arms. I expected you to fight back or punch me on my face, but you stayed still. Lifeless. I held your fragile face in my hands and called out your name. Your eyes were lost. I guess that's when I hugged you as tight as I ever did.

And finally you whimpered. I felt like I was drowning. "I expected more from you." I spoke, trying to fill in humor. "You really bought that, you silly goose." You were eerily quiet. After gaining your concentration I had to do it. I needed to do it. To wipe that expression off of your face. I pulled you up, making you stand.
And got on my knees.