13.Mon cœur bat la chamade

13.My heart is pounding.

I know I broke your heart

                                                 Mine is broken too
Now if we're even

                                                        Then why are
we both blue?
                            -theyoungveins-

•_____•

I see you're occupied by work and Dawn now. That's the thing about girls and their pets. The guys get less attention which makes me jealous, but what makes me more jealous is that he's going to stay with you while I'm going to leave.

We planned to go boating today since it's the weekend. You've pointed out a lot that I'm acting weird by staying outdoors since I'm a brooder. Well, what can I say? I got to do the undone for the sake of my love.

We picnicked in the middle of the lake. As night fell,the moon was our spotlight and the stars were our audience and the earth was our stage. We let firecrackers and two red floating lanterns and watch them float away. Your light body leaned on me and we gazed the stars.
You looked so peaceful.

isn't life funny, Liberty? Like how a person can make such an impact on someone's life that they can't imagine their tomorrow without them? What I had in my arms right now was my love, my eyes welled with tears. And my chest felt tight. I wrapped my arms more tightly around you, resting my chin on your head. A tear escaped my duct and rolled down my cheek and I guess it fell on your ear because you looked up at me.

"Trace?" You asked with worry ,boring your eyes into mine, looking for answers. Your eyes. Oh lord, your dark eyes could swallow my soul. And your perfectly shaped face as if God has created you with the dust of the stars.

My heart felt compressed and I felt pins in my nose. Tears ran down my face. You were beyond worried and confused. Maybe I could just confess it to you now. "Trace, What's wrong, love ?" You inquired. I don't want to die Liberty. I want to live a longer life with you. To have kids and grow old, just like how every other couples do.

I wiped my unstoppable tears and sandwiched your palms between mine. You were nervous. "Trace, you're scaring the crap out of me! What on earth is wrong?" You begged. I breathed loudly and swallowed the lump in my throat trying to form my words.

"I love you." I blurted. Seriously Trace? You giggled in tears and sealed our lips as we shared the moment. No, I have to tell it now. I'm tired of burying it. I sighed and my palms got cold and sweaty. I cleared my throat and started with my thick voice caused by the ball in my throat before looking back into your eyes and pulled back from you. You stared at me expectantly, curious and worried. I shut my eyes, trying to gather the words. God knows how hard it was. You squeezed my hand gently letting me know that you're there with me.

"Liberty, Sometimes we get tangled in the strings of life we can't escape from." I started,a ghostly smile tugged at my lips."It's beyond our choice and control." a frown slowly formed on your face."I want you to hear me out and not shut me down,okay?" I pleaded my breath was getting heavy and my lips were trembling as i spilled the words "I loved you too much that i didn't have the strength to reveal." I paused, The weight on my diaphram was loaded.I took a shot from my inhaler although it wasn't the reason.you were staring at me, mixed emotion colored on your face.

"I just thought if i never talked out loud about it, it won't be as serious as it is. But I was wrong." I laughed bitterly, tears were easily flowing down my cheeks.I kept my gaze fixed on our joint hands."A couple months ago,I found out that my dyspnea was at risk, and I'm currently... On the last stage." I sighed before I felt you flinch.I drew little circles on the back of your hand. "I.. Don't have much time.." I admitted pathetically.

The silence was deafening ,"how long?" you whispered.I slowly looked up reaching for your eyes and I saw them misted.I did not have any rights to ask you not to cry, you had your freedom to shed them.I just felt very guilty because I was the reason. "A few days I guess" I replied in shame. There was no reply,you were still and stayed. Maybe you were processing what I just said because I saw your anger and hurt flaring in. You raised your hand and slammed it on my flat cheek. And the sound of flesh against flesh echoed. Causing my cheek to vibrate and heat up.I bet it was as pink as your palm right now. I just stared at you,my eyes wide open. Whatever it is, I deserve it.

"I'm sorry,lo-" "Sorry?" you cut me off."Trace you're telling me that you're Dying in 3 days! I-i." you broke into tears and fell into my arms. Your sobs got loud. And I was helpless all I could do was try and fake comfort you by saying that it's going to be okay. "I don't know how," you cried is burying your head in my shoulder, I waited, letting you cry till you were tired, but boy,was i wrong.those tears never seemed to end.

My body was losing its strength,it was as if a hurricane was crashing inside my chassis. My vision got blurry and my hands fell loose to my sides unwrapping them from you.I heard your faint voice,calling out my name.I blinked trying to catch my vision but it wasn't working. You held my shivering face and mouthed something I couldn't pick up.Dealing with Liberty and my lungs were crucial.But a part of me said i could now die in peace since I managed to get you into the light.