16.Ce n'est pas grave

16.It doesn't matter.

Some think of s p a c e

When they try to

visualize f o r e v e r

i think of y o u.
-jmstrom-

•_______•

"What're you thinking?" I asked you catching your attention from looking outside at the gloomy sky. You smiled sadly, shaking your head,"Do you really want to go home,Trace?" you asked me, thinking over what I told you earlier. I shrugged,"I mean If it's okay with you. It'd be nice ending my life where I started yeah?" "Hey," you warned me. Although we knew what was going to happen by the end of the day, you chose not to talk about it because your eyes were burning and swollen.

"Sorry," I mumbled smiling sheepishly. "Did Shire approve of it?" I inquired. "Yeah, But with a nurse and he'll be there by night." Dr.Shire was as a young man is his late 30's who looked like 26.And being a young man, he understood Liberty and I's relationship and made things a lot easier. Speaking of the devil.

"Trace, How're you feeling now?" He asked, scanning the monitor with his hazel eyes."Hopefully not as good as I'll ever be." I breathed loudly before earning a slam on my shoulder "Ouch!" I rubbed and the spot and playfully sneered at you. "Now stop being nosy Doc." I teased. He laughed lightly and asked, "Are you sure you want to go home?"
"Well, if it's okay. My body is going to end up here or no wait, in the grave" I replied nonchalantly. You just glared at my rambling, I felt a little lighter and joyful today I wonder why. Maybe the medicines were making me high? Or maybe just too scared that I didn't know how to react.

"Love," "Hmm?" you replied quickly. "I am a little hungry." I lied. You left the room to get me ice chips, leaving me and Shire alone. I haven't felt like eating for days and my mouth was dry and lips were chapped so all I could take was ice.

"Did you think about what I said?" I asked him desperately. His smile fell and pain clouded his face."Trace, I don't think she'll be oka-" I cut him off. "Shire, The pain is sucking the life out of me. My interior is already damaged so there is nothing to worry about. Just do it." I demanded.

"Trace, I don't want to live with guilt pressed down my shoulders, my whole life. It's like murder!" He fumed."It is not. It is my choice to get the lethal injection. I'm sure she'll understand that." I promised, hoping he'd accept it and by the heavy sigh and head shake, I guessed it was positive. Or maybe not.

You lit the candles and cleaned up our space. I was lying on our Dark blue bed with a comfort that had constellations. I missed this place.
Our room looked like a mini hospital chamber with the all the monitors and pipes I was injected with. I looked up at the timepiece, 5:27 pm. Never have I ever felt time going as fast as it did today. I wasn't promised a tomorrow. So you're going to be alone. You said you tried giving off your life before me because you didn't have the strength to watch me die. Liberty, You'll just watch me sleep longer than ever, like every other day, kiss my forehead, leave a note and leave to work. I'm sorry to say that you won't find me when you return, but I'll be there. Where else will I go when you're my home?

"I love you." I broke the silence. You smiled with wet eyes and kissed my cold cheek."I love you." you replied in a shaky voice. Your face was stained with tears. And your eyes needed a good sleep, which you ignored. It's funny how I could count my lifespan in my fingers just in one go. And, not year wise, but hours. 5 hours. My heart was pounding against my weak chest as I thought about it. My body was trembling under the sheets. "C-call Dr. Shire." I requested you. You nodded and ran out calling him. And you both rushed in."Are you okay??" he questioned. I glanced at you behind his shoulder, you were watching me with glassy eyes, chewing on your nails. A sting of pity and guilt waved over me, what have I done to you. Shire ushered you out asking for more ice water.

"You were a good guy, Trace." He trembled pulling out the sweet poison. I smirked at him."Thank you, Dr. Shire, I understand this is hard for you, but I need it." I sadly wished. He just swallowed, moving his Adam's apple up and down, his eyes were dark and sorry.

"You don't have much time," I reminded him. How irony when I wasn't the one having much time. "She's going to be back soon." I completed, "I asked the nurse to keep her for a little." He croaked and injected the toxin in my dextrose. Now that is going to help me literally rest in peace and painless. Before I could thank him again, you entered the room smiling with a bowl of ice flakes Doc said something to you that made you smile after he left.