3.Éperdument amourex

3.Madly in love.

Her heart was wild,

                                   But I didn't want to catch it,

I wanted to run with it,
                                                         to set mine free.
                                -a t t i cu s-

•.........•

"Trace! You should try this! " You hollered at me from the edge of the building. Your dark dark brown waves floated in the soft breeze. You were fearless, that's what everyone thought,but, I knew your fears. They were butterflies, babies and losing me.

You stood tall opening your arms wide on the brick wall with a bottle of beer in your hand. You inhaled the fresh air and gulped the liquid. Your eyes squeezed as the ice cold liquid flowed down your throat. The ground looked like a motherboard of a device from up here.

"It's dangerous! Get down." I begged you.
If you lose even a baby balance..I don't even want to complete it. I wanted our ending, to be satisfying even if it's shorter. "Danger is my middle name." You exclaimed lamely pounding your chest with the bottle. You drained down the last  part of the beer and released the bottle, letting it shatter on the floor. Your legs wriggled and I cautiously pulled you down.

I piggybacked your fluffy body back to our home and put your drunk body into bed. I had a meeting to go to tomorrow and I'd be gone before you wake up. Knowing your hangovers and bitter morning mood I walked to my table looking for the painkillers for you. As I shut the desk with the pills in my hand, my eyes caught the Polaroid photos scattered on the drawer and few hung on the walls along with the  origami animals you made.

There's were almost 25 hanging out here but more than 70 stuck in our album. My eyes fell on my most favorite,you were wearing a onesie of a dragon and I was the fire, on Halloween. We were grinning like idiots with candy filled buckets. and then I spotted another one behind the paper swan, it was us dancing at a party. I was giving you a whirl and there was happiness painted all over us.

And before I headed back to bed I saw the picture of us on the back of my truck. We were on a 4 days road trip heading to your sister's wedding. That was when you first learned I had asthma. That day seemed so magical and at her wedding was when I had decided  that I'd marry no one else but you. I was and am still too nervous to admit that.

There was a smile on my face I hadn't realized I was wearing when I walked back to our bed that hurt my cheeks. I shook my head smiling at our memories and set the pills near the glass of water on the table at your side of the bed and slowly climbed on my side.

I glanced at you, you looked so calm as if all the craziness in you was sleeping too, it was though. I couldn't hold back the urge to kiss you so, I gently moved forward and plopped a kiss on your forehead thanking you for making my life complete in all these 7 years.