14.Plus que jamais

14.More than ever.

"There are stars in her hair,
                       and swirling galaxies in her eyes.
There are rainstorms flowing
                                            in her bloodstreams,
and chaos in her soul.
                               You will forever wonder how
it is possible for the universe
                                     to come up with someone
as majestic as her."
                               -Lucas.W-
•_______•

I woke up from my cat nap,next to you,you were under the sheets,your back facing me, hiding from the dark world.It was a long night. We both pretended to be asleep after all the grieving and the hospital chaos.
I wanted to comfort you in my wings but my illness absorbed my energy and forced me into trance.

I must say that I can't name my feelings at the moment. The fact that I was going to die was forgotten. All I could think of was about you. About how lifeless one night made you look.The air was thick. Our home was silent but filled with loud thoughts that screamed through our heads.I made us your favorite breakfast and brought it to bed.

I pulled down the cover and found you curled like a cat. Your pale lips were slightly ajar. And bags underneath your eyes ,lined with dark circles but your thin curled lashes covered them.You effortlessly managed to look beautiful. I kissed your mien and woke you from your sleep . I know I should've let you sleep but you had to eat. 

One of the things I feared was being treated differently after you knew about my cancer which you didn't do,gladly. But what changed was you. I know its selfish and unfair expecting you to be you when i just told you that I'd be gone. But I wanted to die happy,excuse me.

3 days,including today which was half over. Is it worth risking ? Of course. I mean what's the worst that could happen? Either ways it's the end. I didn't want to think about my dying every now and then. I wanted to focus on what we had. You,you and us.

So I did what we never did. Act like a cliché couple. You were in the shower when I managed to set the dress I bought you. Pretty girly from all the clothes you owned except the one you wore on your sister's wedding. I left a note with a venue on it and a gift box with a tiny locket and left.

The sun was setting. It painted the sky in hues of pink and purple with a shy of orange. I wore my dinner jacket and waited for your arrival.
7 years since we're together and not once have we gone on an actual date. I was nervous  as if I was waiting for my exam results.

The patio furniture was perfectly designed with branches of leaves wrapped around and lanterns were hanging giving a romantic effect. The universe was on my side. The weather was perfect and the place too. It was all for us alone
And to wrap it all up there was a mini orchestra who were currently playing soul sister.one of the best. I couldn't stop stop running my fingers through my hair and biting my nails out of nervousness. Did I look good in this suit? Does my hair look good ? Will she fall for me over again? Will I make her swoon? Do I have soemthing in my teeth? Why's the time so slo

Dead silence pulled me out of my thoughts when they played 'you're beautiful' of James blunt. My heart skipped a beat when my eyes spotted you. Just as I asked for, you wore the A line black dress that hugged your curvy body showing off your slender arms. It was satin black with red roses painted on the hem that stopped on your knees. And just like I expected, you were in your black vans.
The words I read somewhere popped up in my head making it to perfect for now.
"When I'm with her even my demons dress up for dinner and behave."

A light tear rolled down my cheek and a grin covered my face. I smiled so wide that my cheeks hurt. Watching you awkwardly walk keeping your chin up was no different than watching a bride coming down from the aisle on her wedding day,but you were far most the prettiest of anyone else.

As you neared, I got a better view of the face I longed to kiss. Which was shaded in pink due to the blushing,you pursed your red lipsticked lips keeping yourself from smiling. "Oh look how blessed I am,to have such an ideal husband." You giggled. Husband,the word sounded foreign but affective. Just like listening to someone talk in British accent because it sounds good. The locket rested on your chest and you keep fiddling with it because you loved it so much.

We chatted for a couple hours along side stomaching our dinner. Chicken Parmesan and creamy Swiss chicken bake and noodles.
We still had desert to come but I asked you for a dance before that. You blushed a lot today and that lighted a little spark back into your dull eyes.

We slow danced to the tunes they played of what I'm guessing were the classic romantic.
Your hair left lose from the half knot were covering your shoulder. "You surprise me,Trace Sky Elliot." You teased. I felt happiness wash over me seeing you smile. But it inched more when you squealed at the desert. Deep dish chocolate chip cookies with scooped ice cream and chocolate drizzle. I didn't eat more than five bites from each dish tonight because I didn't have my appetite but seeing you enjoy the meal made me feel full.
Life got complete when you kissed my cheek and muffled "you're the best of best." Stuffing your face.

A couple more days Trace. You're doing well mate.