15.Petit à petit

15. Little by little.

She doesn't fall

                                                            in love often,

but when she does

                                                           it is down into

the bones
                                  -jmstrom-

•_______•

It was a good day for the doctor when none of his patients died.

And for today that patient was me, I woke up feeling like we went on that date just last night. I was actively dying rather than turning off. It was like my last wish was accepted,I had the painful strength to spend the around 30 hours I have left with my only love,Liberty. The high level of anxiety and agitation that was built months ago was dissolving. And my halved lungs were holding it.There was a tube down my windpipe sucking out the fluid. The sludge and slobber built up in my lungs were causing me gurgling sound on my every breath.

I tried pacing my breaths and your hand twitched above mine,I woke you up. "Hey.." you spoke,you're voice was barely heard. your face was drained.you were smiling but it didn't reach your eyes. something wasn't right. you stood,Enveloping yourself in my oversized maroon sweater that covered your hands till your fingertips. And brushed a kiss on my cheek."I'll call the doctor." you mumbled and left the room.

I relaxed my body on the stiff cushion.I looked around studying the room which is probably going to be my home for these two days.Do I want to take my last breath here? or at the field or at home? the owling spot however isn't a good idea. She'd stop going there then.
The beeping of the machines and ticking of the clock filled the silent white glossy room.
The windows were covered with pale blue sheets dully glowing because of the natural light.

The door clicked open and you walked in behind Dr.shire and nurse Lane. They asked me questions and for what I felt like were talking to me. I heard them but couldn't listen because you were worrying me. You weren't crying. You were just quiet and still.
"Trace Elliot!" Doc Shire's rough voice echoed the room. My head snapped towards him and caught his frowning face. It would be rude if I laughed at him but he looked really funny with that crooked nose. I'm not gay but this man had his looks. He looked like Matthew clevane but older.

After removing the pipe and going under some tests and medicines we were left alone. You were sat on my bed leaning on my shoulder.
"Trace.." You whispered. I "hmm?"
"Does it hurt to die..?" Your thick nasal voice asked. You've been crying a lot huh?. I let out an airy laugh. It felt like a déjà vu.

"It's bearable" I replied. "You wouldn't tell me even if it weren't." You snorted. I just never wanted to worry you with my pain. "Is this why..you cropped your hair?" You inquired. "Yeah, but you said I looked nice although you liked running your fingers through my thick long hair." I nodded. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?" You whispered. "Well,you said I looked like Jon Kor.." I fake gagged . "Yeah, but with. Brown eyes." You flatly replied. "I don't like that guy." I muttered. You laughed and nodded "I know, he's Hotter. But I mean, why didn't you tell me earlier about,you know.." I kissed your forehead "I wanted to, the other day I took us for owling and the day I prepared dinner but I just couldn't. I was scared" I admitted and reached my hand for yours to lace them. You flinched and stood up adjusting your sweater.

"Do you want to eat something.?" You nervously asked. I shook my head confused. You left the room saying something I didn't catch. You were hiding something. You entered the room smiling,with a bowl and ice flakes.
And placed the tray on the side table. You were hiding your eyes which you only did when you were guilty. "Dr.Shire'd already informed me about y-your conditions. I-I'm not going to force you into eating or anything but you can't stay empty stomach and it's n-not good so I brought you this Lemo-" you rambled
Laughing nervously before I cut you off. "Tee."

"Uh yeah?" You picked on the bed sheet. "Look at me." I ordered. You looked at my. face, between my eyes,at my forehead. "Come here." I softly called you. You listened. I held your face drawing circles on your cheek with my thumb and kissed your eyes which were filling with tears and they looked just the dark chocolate. "Look at me." I whispered finding your eyes. You hesitated before looking at me biting your inner cheek. "Spill." I spoke and it was just enough for you to break down. "I'm sorry,Trace." You cried. The fact that you apologized for the first time in my entire life froze me. I was still,furrowing my brows. Worry and concern were blocking my veins.

"Shh..hey it's okay." I hushed but before I could continue you showed me something I never wished in hell to see. Your pale arm was covered with maroon slits that tore open your soft skin. A pang of hurt hammered in me. And my eyes stung. I knew you felt as bad as I did because you just sorry and that was major.

"T." I started,taking you into my arms "what you did isn't right but it's okay." I assured,I'm inhuman if I took this time in scolding you. 26?hours is all I have. All I wanted was to just go home and eat your pancakes even though my body didn't feel like it.