16. Declaring war

Once I woke up I decided to call Elliot and see when he was coming back, but like always he didn't answer me so I had to leave a voicemail. Ending the call I went to my closet and picked out a blue long sleeve sweater and black jeans with some high top all black Chuck-Taylors. I brushed my hair but left it down. My stomach growled and I decided to go downstairs to eat some breakfast, I made it to the kitchen to see a ton of the vampires just sitting and lounging around. Once I finished cutting my apple slices I walked out of the kitchen and was shocked at the sight that I saw, dropping my plate I did what my instincts were telling me to do. Scream. "AAAHHH!" With that Diego and a bunch of other vampires came to my side, "Hey, what's wrong?" Diego asked me. I just looked at the sight of Papa Tunde's dead body laying in the middle of the courtyard, Diego followed my point of view and just didn't know what to say. Diego took out his phone and started to call someone. Someone grabbed me gently and sat me down in a chair, another vampire got me a cup of water. I didn't accept it and they just set it on the table in front of me.

"Who are you calling?" I asked Diego. He looked back at me and turned back to look at the body, "Klaus." I shook my head in disagreeing with him, "No. It's fine just call Marcel." "To late." He said. 

I rolled my eyes at him and went back to focusing on Papa Tunde. Who killed hi and left him here? What if he did this to himself? What if this was all apart of a plan? All these questions are going through my head and I just don't know what to think or believe anymore.

****

Elijah walked into the courtyard and immediately rushed over to me, "Are you alright?" He asked examining to see if I had any injuries. I shook my head and looked back at the body, "I'm fine. Just a little shooken up." He nodded in understanding and looked at the body in front of us. Klaus walked in with Marcel and looked at me with anger. Averting my gaze I looked down at Papa Tunde. Elijah let go of me and knelt down to examine to body, "Who found him?" Elijah asked. I played with the sleeves of my sweater and looked started to chip the nail polish off my nails, "I-I did." I stuttered. Elijah nodded taking in the information and went back to examining.

"Can I get you anything, brother? A magnifying glass, a pipe perhaps?" Klaus said trying to be funny. If I was speaking to him I would laugh but since I'm not I just decided to not even let out a small chuckle, "At least he's doing something." I mumbled causing him to glare at me. 

"You have a theory you'd like to share with us, Niklaus?" Klaus stayed silent and I just gave him a sarcastic smirk which he returned. I rolled my eyes at Klaus and sighed, "Back in the day, the witches wanted to send a threat, they'd just kill a chicken and leave it on your doorstep." 

"It's rather a large and ominous chicken, wouldn't you say?" Elijah said standing up, I shrugged in agreement and kept on looking at the body trying to think of more answers. "Papa Tunde defeated Rebekah with ease, almost got the two of us as well," Klaus was started, "If he was suppose to be their prize fighter, why leave him for dead in our front yard?" 

I shook my head not knowing that answer, "Well, don't you all look cheery," Rebekahs voice said walking into the compound. She smiled at me and it dropped when she looked at the three men in the room, "Listen to this...a girl literally exploded from a grave today as Sabine was giving her tour of the city of the dead." I gave her a hopeful look wondering if it was Davina but she shook her head slightly, "It was Monique Deveraux." My smile fell and I felt my heart shattering since it wasn't Davina. "What?" Klaus asked. "The tourist thought it was of the show, but the witches are celebrating like it's some kind of bloody miracle." She spat out.