20. Choose what side you're on

I walked into the compound and it was completely empty, Hayley is with the wolves and she invited me but I declined. Elijah was probably out watching her or threatening Marcel and Elliot once again, and Klaus is probably with Genevieve. It was so weird because I am so not use to the quite since there is always something going on. Walking into my room I took my coat off and hung it on the coat rack next to my door, I made my way to my vanity mirror took out my earrings and set them on the dresser. Sighing I ran my hands through my hair and looked up at the mirror only to be startled by a standing figure behind me. Turning around I saw that it was Elliot, walking up to him I slapped him across the face, "You are so stupid. I almost died tonight due to you and Marcel's stupid plan." Elliot chuckled humorlessly and turned his head back to face me, "Well you didn't die that's a good thing, but you know who died?" I shrugged and crossed my arms over my chest, "Most of the guest at the party." I stated.  

  He shook his head and sat down on my bed, "Nope." He said popping the 'p', "Thierry did" He looked as if he wanted to cry. Honestly I wasn't that close to him so I'm not crying, "Elijah ripped his heart out. He wanted to teach Marcel and I a lesson." I shrugged, "I do agree that killing him probably wasn't the best solution but I can't control what Elijah does." He stood up again and roughly held my arms by my side, "Yeah, but you do choose what side you're on." I shook my head and tried getting out of his hold but he was too strong, "I'm on no ones side." I mumbled.  

"Really, then leave the compound-" Shaking my head I interrupted him, "And go to what? Elijah and Klaus won't let me out of their site most of the time, and by the looks of it you guys are no match for them if Thierry died." He nodded his head and let me go. He started making his way to my window and before he could jump off my balcony he looked back at me, "When our child's born, you won't see her ever again." He threatened. I marched to him but before I could say anything he jumped off the balcony and was gone. I looked out my window with tears in my eyes, "He's gonna take my baby." I whispered to myself.

****

Hours went by and I still wasn't able to sleep, I was so jumpy about what happened at the festival that every time I closed my eyes I replayed everything that happened. I was sitting on my bed with a bandage wrapped around my wrist and a bandage taped onto my forehead, I was also sketching so that I wouldn't fall asleep. While I was sketching I heard my door knob turn, looking up I saw that Klaus walked in looking as if he was in deep thought. Closing my sketch book I walked over to him, "Klaus? Are you alright?" He shook his head. 

I grabbed his hand and tried to make eye contact with him, "Hey, what's wrong?" He shook his head and sped away from me and towards my balcony doors, "Why?" He asked. 

I scrunched my eyebrows at the simple three letter word, "Why what?" He sighed and dropped his head. Slowly I took three steps closer to him, "Klaus?" He turned to me and gave me a sad look, "Why can I not get you out of my head?" Widening my eyes in surprise I shook my head not knowing what to say. 

"I try and I try to distract myself so that I can get you out of my head, but I just can't," He said his voice breaking. I shook my head side to side again, "Then you don't have to." He nodded his head, "Yes! Yes, I do. I need to get you out of my head because the closer I get to you the more you are in danger-" "When will you understand that I don't care about being in danger? As long as I'm happy then I don't care about any obstacles that come in my way." I said walking closer to him. 

"I can't risk it. I tried and tried to think and tell myself that you were a mistake-" He said with tears in his eyes, "But that didn't work. I tried distracting myself with Genevieve but she was nothing compared to what happiness I want with you." He said walking closer to me.