Visiting Bilbo... Or Not

Thorin's P.O.V

When we got back, Cora was pacing in the kitchen, waiting.

"Well it's about time!" she exclaimed.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"You were supposed to be back 5 days ago!"

"And?"

"And everything hit us at once! There were so many complaints, and then the taxes came in and I had to make sure it was all there!"

"That's what the servants are for."

"Yeah, well every single servant got sick at the same time. It's be completely crazy!"

Balin walked in.

"Thorin, could you please come here for a moment?" he asked.

"Yeah." I followed Balin out of the room.

"The entire time you were gone, she didn't crack even once. She didn't overreact, nothing." Balin said.

"So she bottled it all up to release on me?"

"That, or she missed you."

"Why would she care?"

"She doesn't know it yet, but she feels the same way about you as you do about her."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

Cora's P.O.V

At least Thorin was back, so I could take the vacation I wanted to. I was planning to go see Bilbo.

I found Thorin in the living room, of my house, waiting to talk to me.

"Cora, I want you to know that I'm letting you have some time off. Uo have a month, since I was late and because of all the work you did." he said.

"That's a coincidence, because I ws looking for you to ask for time off so I could visit Bilbo. I plan on leaving in 5 days, since there's no rush."

I just leaned against the wall, and we were both silent.

He stood up and walked over to me to stroke my cheek with his thumb.

"You're beautiful,  you know that?" he whispered.

"No I'm not." I told him softly.

"You are, you're just too modest to admit it." I could feel my face growing hot, and his warm breath was on my ear.

"Why do you keep telling me that I'm beautiful,  when I really don't think I am?" I asked.

"Because you are, and you'll always think you're worse than you really are, because you are modest."

He had one of my hands in his, and his other hand on my waist. Suddenly, he pushed me against the wall and kissed me, more passionately than before, almost like he was desperately trying to get me to fall for him.

Later that evening,  I went to sit by the river. Without warning,  hundreds of orcs came swarming around me, and they attacked. It's a good thing I bring my sword with me everywhere.

Eventually, half of them were dead, but I was overwhelmed.

That's when I saw Thorin killing the rest of them. I had been stabbed in the right side, arm, and leg. Great, more scars.

I almost passed out before Thorin rushed over, asking if I was ok.

I shook my head, and the world went black.