Into the Mountains

Cora's P.O.V

Eventually we were in the mountains, trying to find a place to camp. We had entered the mountains just in time for a storm giant battle.

Evidentally, two of us were standing on the knee of a storm giant. These two just happened to be Kili and I.

Our ledge was heading straight for the face of a cliff.

"Cora, Kili!" we heard Thorin yell.

There was enough space for us to fall on the cliff where the others were. Thorin and Missy were the first ones to reach us.

Missy ran to Kili and buried her face in his chest, while he kissed the top of her head.

Thorin, who I had forgotten about while watching Kili and Missy, slipped his arms around me, and pulled me into a hug.

"I thought I lost you both." he whispered.

He continued to confirm my suspicions. He had fallen for me, and there was nothing I could do about it.

We eventually found a cave to camp in, but I sat on the cliff to take the first watch.

Thorin has developed a very bad habit out of sneaking up on me at unsuspecting moments.

Thorin's P.O.V

I sat beside her and slipped an arm around her waist. Again, she shivered a little at my touch.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"Why do you keep asking that? I don't know. I'm confused." she replied.

A few hours later, her watch was over, and we both went to our rolls, that weren't too far apart.

She layed down, facing away from me. She was still remembering this morning.

I waited about half an hour, and put my arm around her waist,  getting ready to pull her closer like I did last night.

"Don't even think about it, Thorin." she said in an irritated voice, accidentally waking everyone. I stood, so the others could see where I was.

I couldn't resist the temptation to be a smart aleck.

"Too late. Already have." I grinned.

We all watched as she stood up, and I guess she was tired of me touching her, sneaking up on her, and bothering her, because she swung around and puched me in the face with all her strength.

The blow hit me in the right eye, and I already felt it beginning to swell. It was actually bleeding a little too.

"I've had enough of everytime I sit somewhere by myself, you have to come and bother me and touch me! I'm tired of everyone picking on me and laughing at me! I just want to be left alone for a while!" she exclaimed.

She walked out of the cave, and disappeared.

They rest of us layed back down to go to sleep. I didn't sleep though. Now I felt bad for picking on her.

Cora's P.O.V

I went out of sight of the dwarves in the cave, and pulled my knees up to my chest, hiding my face.

I burst into tears. Why couldn't my life here be any better than in my old world?

Eventually, I went back to lie down, thinking everyone was asleep, but I was wrong. Thorin was still awake, and he was watching me.

As I slowly drifted off to sleep, I felt him kiss my forehead,  and then his warm breath was on my ear and neck.

"I'm sorry Cora. Good night, love." he whispered.