19

Thorin's P.O.V

Yet again, she's poisoned. Yet again, there is a slim chance of her survival. Only this time,  the chances of her survival are even slimmer.

I made a promise to myself. I would only leave her side to get something to eat/drink. The rest of the time I would be right with her.

All of Erebor was at a loss.

She was knocked down once again, and everyone knew the possibility of her survival was slim. Everyone also knew that if she dies, they won't have a king for very long.

Cora had gotten noticeably skinnier over the past two days. She was also getting paler, and she had a very high fever.

I was sitting beside her on her bed, and she, for the first time, stirred.

She wasn't actually awake, but she was semi-conscious, and she was able to talk to me, not much, but it was something.

"Thorin..." she managed to whisper.

"Yes, love?"

"How... bad... is... it?"

"Well, until you woke up just now, there was hardly a chance that you would live. Since you woke up, though, you are most likely going to survive."

"Is... everyone... ok?"

"Yes, thanks to you."

By this time, I had begun to pace.

"Thorin..."

"What's wrong, love?"

"My head... is killing me."

I walked over and sat beside her on the bed, and she sat up.

"It will for a little while, but it will go away, trust me."

"What time is it?"

"Almost midnight, love."

"Why aren't you asleep then?! Have you been staying up just because I was unconscious? Just because I'm poisoned doesn't mean you can risk your health too! How is you passing out from exhaustion going to help me recover?"

"You have a point."

"Good."

Cora's P.O.V

Thorin was trying to get me to relax, but I wouldn't because he wouldn't promise me that he would get some sleep.

Eventually, two hours later, after we had been arguing about who needed sleep more(God the stupid things we fight over.) he laid down beside me and put his arm around my waist.

"Fine, you win. We both will get some sleep. I promise I will." he laughed.

"Good." I replied, sliding closer to him and laying my head on his chest.

He kissed my forehead, and after a while, I heard and felt his deep breathing,  which told me he was finally asleep.