Chapter 22- Read My Mind

“Kate, we’re home.” Conor said and I sat up slowly, rubbing my eyes. I looked outside the window and I saw the familiar sights on the Brighton airport. I never thought I would be so glad to see the Brighton airport. The last time I landed here I wished that I could stay on the plane back to Ireland. Now I can’t wait to get off. Conor smiled at me as he saw the huge smile that I had on my face. “I take it that you are glad to be back.” He said and I nodded. “Very.” I said and I put my head back on Conor’s shoulder as we waited for the air hostess to tell us that we could leave the plane.  I felt a little bit bad that we went all the way to Dublin for such a short amount of time but I was glad that we went. “Thank you for flying with us, we hope that you enjoyed the flight and we hope to see you again soon.” The air hostess said and with that the door opened and people were rushing to get off of the plane. Conor and I stayed seated for a little bit longer to let the rush pass.

We eventually got off of the plane and Conor took my hand. We got our bags and made our way out of the airport, to where a smiling Ben was waiting for us. Ben engulfed me in a hug as soon as I got closer to where he was waiting. “Ben, we’ve only been gone for five days.” I said as he squeezed me tightly. “I know, but your aunt and I still missed you very much.” He said and I smiled. Ben and Conor exchanged a smile and a hand shake. I shook my head at them, not understanding their need to be so formal but I brushed off and got into the car. Conor got in next to me as soon as he had finished helping Ben to put the bags in the car. Ben asked about our trip and I told him but not in too much detail because I would have to repeat it all again anyway to Liz.

Ben dropped Conor dropped Conor off at his house and I walked him to the door. “Thank you.” I said to him as I hugged him tightly. “Don’t know how I’m going to cope not waking up next to you anymore.” He said and I laughed. “It was only five days Conor.” I said and he laughed. “I know.” He said, kissing me on top of my head before going inside. I got back into the car and Ben was grinning at me. “What are you grinning about?” I asked him and he just laughed, starting the car.

It wasn’t long before we were home and as Ben parked the car, Liz basically came running out of the house, with her arms in the air. I got out of the car and was engulfed in a hug, I was surprised at how quickly Liz made it from the door to my side of the car but I hugged her back tightly. “I haven’t been gone all that long Liz.” I said and she laughed. “I know, but I missed you and Ben wouldn’t shut up about how long it would be until you got back.” She said and I laughed, looking at Ben with my eyebrows up.  “That’s not true!” He said, shaking his head and Liz and I both laughed. “I barely even noticed she was gone.” Ben said and winked at me. “Don’t let him fool you.” Liz said as she walked me inside. Ben grabbed my bags and put them upstairs for me. “Thank you.” I said and he smiled.

Liz had prepared a five course meal for my return it seemed liked. There was food all over the kitchen. “I need to practice for the food I’m making for your party and so I thought, what better way than to cook for your welcome home.” She said and I gave her a hug. “Thank you. Even though this could feed about ten people and I’m just one.” I said and we all laughed. “We’ll have lots of leftovers.” She said and I smiled. We ate dinner and I went to sleep straight after because I was so tired from the flight still.

I woke up the next morning and I just lay in bed for a little while. My birthday was in two days and I was very excited but also nervous and scared because I would just be thinking about and missing my parents. We always had a special tradition for my birthday and it was going to be hard to not have that for the first time. I didn’t really feel much for celebrating because they were gone and I was here, missing them, but I would put on a happy face because it was after all my birthday and I was still excited.  They always used to come into my room on the morning of my birthday to wake me up, with my mum holding a large chocolate cake with candles burning. We wouldn’t eat it until later though because we always went for breakfast all together at a pancake place close to where we lived. Then we would visit friends and family and spend the rest of the day watching movies and eating cake. Plain, simple and not that exciting but it was tradition and I loved it.

“Kate? Conor is here.” Liz said as she opened my door and Conor stepped into my room and I sat up. “I missed you.” He said and I blushed. I lay back down and Conor got in behind me, wrapping his arms around me and we stayed like that for a little while. I could have stayed like this forever but I was hungry and I really felt like pancakes, after thinking about my parents and how we used to go for pancakes on my birthday. “I feel like pancakes.” Conor said and I smiled. “It’s like you can read my mind.” I said as I turned around to face him. “Maybe I can.” He said, winking at me and I laughed. “Well, then I would be in trouble.” I said and he laughed. “Why? What have you been thinking about?” He asked and I gave him a mischievous grin. “I bet that if you could read my mind, you would go into it all the time.” I said and he smiled. “Yes, I think I would. Sometimes you just get a look on your face, and you look as if you’re in another world and I wonder what you’re thinking about.” He said and leaned in to kiss him. “Nothing important.” I said as I pulled away and tried to get out of bed but Conor pulled me back and started tickling me. I started laughing immediately and I warned Conor that I would kick him but he continued anyway. “Conor stop!” I said and he did, we were both still laughing and I was trying to catch my breath. “Now I know how ticklish you are.” He said, grinning evilly at me. “Don’t even think about it.” I said and he laughed. He moved quickly as if he was going to tickle me again but I got up quickly so that he couldn’t get me and I pulled a tongue at him.

Conor and I basically spent the rest of the day laughing and enjoying each other’s company. We were all around and by the end of the day we were back where we started, lying in my bed, facing each other. “I could stay like this forever.” Conor said and I smiled. I lifted my arm and put my hand on his face. I leaned in a little more so that our lips met. Soon after I fell asleep in Conor’s arms.

_____________________________________________________

There it is :D xx. So sorry it took so long! Don’t hate me haha. I had exams and then my computer broke so yeah. Short chapter I know and not much happened but I’m mind of all out of ideas so I will be ending this story soon.

Thank you to everyone who read and voted :D  xx Love you guys.