Chapter 82

[A/N]: It is/was Liam's birthday so I thought of updating! Yay! I am travelling back in a few hours because university is starting soon. x

When Harry walked into the room, Louis asked, "What were you two talking about?" they were alone in the room because the nurse was taking his samples to the lab.

The alpha sighed and said, "He stopped me and told me that he's sorry then informed me to tell you to take it easy or something. Doesn't matter because he's out of the picture," and sat down next to him.

Louis looked at him and asked, "See? There's nothing you should be worried about," and held his hand reassuringly.

Harry furrowed his eyebrows while looking down at their hands intertwined together and said, "But that's the thing, he knew that we were having two boys and one girl. We just figured it out today so there was no way that he found out the genders with just one look. Dr. Jefferson rolled the wand himself and still got it half wrong."

The omega rubbed his thumb over his and asked in worry, "What are you suggesting that could have happened then?"

Harry sighed as he leaned back against the chair and said, "I don't know but it's really suspicious and I know that I have said countless of times that I don't trust him but this time it's different."

Louis kissed his shoulder and said, "Sweetheart, don't worry about him anymore. I'm here with you and we are going to have triplets. Let's focus on that."

The alpha's features softened and said, "I'm sorry, love, you're right," and leaned forward to kiss him softly then rubbed his omega's baby bump when they pulled away. He added, "Are you feeling alright?"

Louis smiled up at him and nodded as he leaned into his gentle touch then said after a while, "Yeah, I don't know what happened and I am too scared to find out."

Harry kissed his hair and said, "Whatever it is, we will get through this together," and before he could continue, the nurse walked into the room and said, "The results are back so you can go and meet with Dr. Jefferson now, he doesn't have any appointments at the moment. Sorry for making you wait an hour," and left.

The alpha mumbled to himself with a grin, "It's better than waiting a week for the results."

Louis chuckled as he slowly stood up with a hand on his lower back and asked, "Don't tell me that you already got the chance to bribe them?"

Harry said, "It's not a bribe. Actually, maybe it is but who cares? It's 2016," and smirked down at him.

The omega shook his head in amusement as they made their way to the doctor's office and said, "Thank you for letting me know, I thought it was 1834."

"Watch your smart mouth," Harry scolded lightly and patted his buttcheeks.

When they walked into the office, Dr. Jefferson said in a worried tone, "We need to talk about your results. Take a seat."

Louis and Harry looked at each other in concern before they sat down in front of the doctor, waiting for him to talk.

"Good news or bad news first?"

Louis bit his bottom lip for a moment before he answered, "Good, I guess."

"Alright. Good news is you are perfectly healthy so your babies are too and it couldn't have been anxiety."

The couple let out a sigh of relief as the doctor continued, "Bad news is that this wasn't a coincidence."

Harry sat up a bit and asked, "So what are you saying here?"

Dr. Jefferson sighed and said, "I am saying that someone is out to harm your omega and triplets. Some sort of powder got into your omega's system, don't worry, I will give you something to drink and it will be gone for good. I believe that someone intentionally kept it either in your food or while you were asleep."

Louis had tears in his eyes from how scared he got as he rubbed his baby bump and said in a stutter, "B-But I have only been around my husband, best friend and his alphas at home. That's it."

Harry brought him into his arms to soothe him while he was still trying to let that piece of information sink into his head. At that moment, he felt like a horrible alpha for letting that kind of thing happen to his poor omega and pups. He hasn't been home much from the amount of cases he has gotten lately and he blames himself for what just happened to his husband.

Dr. Jefferson mixed the drink together with a spoon and handed it to the alpha as he said, "This drink will make it all go away. Just take some deep breaths to calm down and I will tell you what to do next."

Louis nodded with a sniffle then took the drink from his alpha's hand and started drinking it all until the cup was empty. He made a disgusted face at the taste and said, "What are we going to do now?"

Dr. Jefferson said, "Don't you have cameras outside the house for security reasons? Give it a try and see if anyone this week or this month has been in that house. Remember, don't trust the people around you even if they were your friends."

Louis said immediately, "Niall and his alphas would never, they are like a family to us."

Dr. Jefferson held his hand up for a second and said, "Alright, alright. Do you suspect anyone who would want to do this to you?"

Louis thought about it for a moment before he replied, "No, not really. I mean, the ones who harmed us in the past are already imprisoned," then looked over at Harry who was silent with his eyes turning wide and saw him dialing some numbers before he said, "Louis, stay here," and left to take some calls.

Dr. Jefferson watched the alpha leave then turned to look at the omega and said while handing him some tissues, "There you go."

Louis wiped his face with some tissues and said, "I don't understand why this would happen. Could it be from the wind by accident?"

The doctor shook his head and said, "Not really. This kind of powder doesn't just roam around in the wind. It's hard to find and very expensive."

The omega shut his eyes for a moment to rest his eyes, feeling exhausted and his whole body aching from the pregnancy. Hoping that he and his alpha will find a way to put an end to this once and for all.