Chapter 40

[A/N]: I'M SO SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE BUT HEY IT IS CHAPTER 40! I JUST FINISHED WITH MIDTERMS AND NOW I'M ATTACKED WITH PROJECTS! PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT BECAUSE THEY MAKE ME SUPER HAPPY AND OMG YOU GUYS WE ARE SO CLOSE TO 100K I'M IN TEARS WOWOW ILYSM xox

NOTE: IT HAS BEEN EXACTLY A YEAR SINCE I WROTE THIS FAN FIC, LET'S CELEBRATE!

Louis felt like he couldn't move as he blinked up at Harry's tall frame that towered over his tiny body.

Justin extended out his hand towards Harry with a smile and said, "I'm Justin, and you must be the alpha?"

Harry glared at Justin for a second before looking down at his hand before looking back at his Omega, who wasn't looking at him anymore.

The thing is that Louis doesn't know how to feel to be exact, but he sure does know that he's numb everywhere from head to toe.

Justin took his extended hand back awkwardly before looking at Louis and said in worry when he noticed the Omega frozen in his spot, "You alright there?"

Louis nodded and said, "Yeah, I have to go, sorry," then walked past Harry towards the exit immediately with tears on his now pale cheeks.

Harry said under his breath, "For fuck's sakes," and followed his omega out of the hospital.

Before Louis was going to open the door for the limo, Harry gently turned him around and said, "Just let me explain myself."

Louis shut his eyes as he was trying to take some deep breaths to stop himself from crying more while shaking his head.

The Omega said through the heavy lump in his throat, "I-I tried to call you at work b-but you had a case. I-I'm never going to be as important," then looked up at Harry with bloodshot eyes as he continued, "Aren't I?"

Harry furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and said, "What do you mean? I didn't have a case today," then paused for a moment as he added, "Wait, who told you that bullshit?"

Louis wiped his tears with his jumper as he sniffled and said, "Y-Your secretary."

Justin came outside to check on the Omega who was obviously not okay and asked, "Do you guys need anything? I could get some tissues from the counter if you'd like?"

Louis felt like he did need some tissues because wiping his tears with his jumper would just make it look gross, so he nodded without making eye contact.

Harry sighed for a moment watching the fog leave his lips and realized that they were out in the cold. He told the chauffeur to leave because he wanted Louis to be in the same car as him.

Afterwards, he got Louis into the passenger seat before hopping into the driver's seat then turned the heater on to keep his baby and pups warm.

Speaking of which, Harry has been needing to ask Louis about the pups since he was obviously late to the appointment.

Harry looked over at Louis and asked softly, "How are you and my pups doing so far?"

Louis was looking out of the window with both of his hands over his baby bump as if he was trying to keep them warm and safe. He said quietly, "Good."

Harry looked straight ahead, and he knew that he will have to start explaining himself, or else their relationship might go downhill from there.

He certainly didn't want that happening.

Harry took out his phone and started dialing his office knowing that the secretary will answer it.

She answered the phone and said, "Hello this is -"