Chapter 9

(Aphmau's POV)

Aaron and I were holding hands down the dirt path. Garroth was pacing back and forth, holding out his phone to of course catch pokémon. Every five seconds he yells out a pokémon is nearby. Travis and Katelyn, and I were laughing at him, because he would make a huge fool of himself. But Garroth is Garroth and honestly it is hilarious to watch time to time.

"It's a nice walk huh? It's not every day when your able to walking up a trail to look over a huge piece of land." Aaron turned and pointed at a doe in the distance.

"Yeah it is nice. Also to get away and be one with nature. It's calming and relaxing."

"That is a true statement." Aaron nodded in agreement.

It took half an hour for us all to reach the top of the mountains, which overlooked the campsite. It was such a jaw dropping view, the trees and overlooking the bright blue lake. Katelyn pointed out an eagle flying by. I had never seen one before, only in pictures. Aaron and Garroth were in awe of the eagle, they both took a couple of pictures too with their phones.

"Hey why don't you catch the eagle Garroth? For the pokédex?" Travis teased, while the rest of us had a good laugh once more.

"Hmph. Mock all you want, but I want to be the very best. That no one ever was, traveling across the lands..."

"Searching far and wide!! Pokemon gotta catch them all!!" I jumped in.

"If I hear that come out of your mouths again. I will punch both of you." Katelyn walked over to me and Garroth.

"Lighten up Katelyn. You're obsessed with the game too. You have watched the series since Pokémon Go came out." Travis chuckles and Katelyn sighs.

"Fine. Don't sing that song, it will get suck my head."

"I agree with Katelyn on this one. You both shush and don't sing that song again, please." Aaron was looking directly at me, I just smiled at him "Especially you missy." He pointed straight at me.

"Fine." I sat on the grass, so did everyone else.

"It's nice to get away and be with the people I care about most. Mainly you Katelyn. You make the sun shine brighter with your presence." Travis smiled, looking in her direction.

"What did you say?" Katelyn got all defensive, and smirked.

"Um. I just like hanging out with my friends and you. Heh... heh. Please don't hit me..." Travis squealed, covering his face and chest to prevent the punch coming from hurting him.

"Okay. Put your hands down Travis, I'm not going to hit you. Not yet at least. That was sweet I'll give you that."

"Aw, Katelyn your huge softy. Like a little teddy bear." I smiled, Aaron nudged me to stop but it was too late.

"Aphmau. I am not a softy, I'm a mean teddy bear." Katelyn pouted, crossing her arms.

"Ah Katelyn... your something else." Travis sighed and smiled from ear to ear.

"Yeah... sure Katelyn. Keep telling yourself that." I shook my head and Katelyn gave me a friendly shove. We laughed, making jokes here and there. It was starting to get dark so we all headed back to the cabin.

When we got there, I could smell the cooking of cookies. So Garroth and I raced to the door to get in first. I won and saw Kawaii~Chan in the little kitchen area we had.

"Aphmau~Senpai! You guys are back! Did you guys have a good time?" Kawaii~Chan took out a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies. "I brought sugar, flour, chocolate chips and candies with me. Kawaii~Chan and everyone else needs sugar to stay awake!"

"We had a good time, the view was amazing from the mountains. I was the King of the pride lands!"

"You mean queen right? I am the King."

"Yes Aaron I meant queen."

"Ah! Aaron~Kun and Aphmau~Senpai are so adorable!"

"And there she goes... ten minutes of squealing... music to my ears."

"Kawaii~Chan... please stop. I'm trying to relax... you having me help you was exhausting." Zane was laying on the couch moaning and groaning.

"Be quiet Zane~Kun. I know you love sweets as much as I do and if you stop complaining I'll let you have the first cookie when they are done cooling off. Deal?"

"Fine... Aphmau don't touch them till I get one. Kawaii~Chan here promised, so I will stop complaining.

"I won't promise anything Zane. You know how much I love sweets." I teased, I'm honestly fine with Zane eating the cookie first. I had everyone come outside and Aaron helped me bring the tents. We only had four so one tent would have three people in it. "Alrighty everyone. Tonight we will be sleeping outside with the beautiful nature. Everyone is going to be, no ifs and no but's."

"Heh... you said butts." Travis smirked, giggling to himself. Katelyn turned to him and slapped him on the arm.

"I told you not to talk or mention the word 'butts' on this trip..." Katelyn rolled her eyes at Travis. "You promised."

"Alright. Sorry. I just had to say it." Travis looked over in Garroth's direction, he was even laughing at the joke.

"Anyways. We are all going to set up our own tents. Whoever you're bunking with in the cabin is your tent buddy. The first team to finish will be first to use the boat tomorrow when we go to the lake." After I said that everyone rushed over to start the tent competition.