Chapter 16

(Aphmau's POV)

Katelyn and I both woke up late, and everyone else were already awake taking the tents down. I got up, crawled over Katelyn to get out of the tent to stretch. I ended up tripping over Katelyn's leg and fell. But when I opened my eyes I saw Garroth, on one knee, caught me from my fall into the grass.

"Are you alright?" Garroth asked blushing. I cleared my throat and told him I was fine. "You need to be careful." He helped me up on my feet.

"Thanks Garroth. I'm going to... just um... wake up Katelyn now so we can out the tent up also."

"Do you need help? Zane and I already finished doing ours."

"No. No really it's fine." I turn to shake awake and almost got slapped in the face. I told her to get up so we could return the tents. She did eventually get up when I opened the tent with sunlight shining in. We had to rent the tents because we didn't have enough money to actually purchase four tents which were forty bucks each. Afterwards, we all went inside to make sure we had all of our things and then changed into our swim wear to go out to the docs. I put on a one-piece purple swimsuit. I met up with the rest of them and headed to the docks. It was so beautiful... you could see the suns reflection in the water. Katelyn and Travis went straight to the shop to pick up the keys for the boat. Since they both won the mini-contest we had.

Travis asked for Aaron and I to join them in the boat, and we both said yes. I am not a huge fan of water but Aaron has taught me a little here and there on how to swim. Travis drove the boat while the rest of us sat inside the boat.

"So... I bet Garroth is enjoying himself riding the water on the board back there." I spoke, since it was awkwardly silent between the three of us.

"Yep. He sure is." Aaron sighed tapping his fingers on his leg.

"Aaron. I want to somewhat apologize for my actions last night. Travis got me in a bad mood and didn't feel like staying in there with him. Afterwards I realized you both were having a moment."

"Heh yeah..." Aaron was turning red and I was too. "It's fine Travis told me what happened in there."

I turn to make Aaron tell me but he wouldn't I look at Katelyn seeing her itching her head and walking away to go sit with Travis. Garroth was yelling on how much he was having. Travis called to be the next person after him. After everyone else went Aaron wanted me to at least give it a try. Riding on water with some water skies... being pulled by a boat going thirty to forty miles per hour. I was incredibly nervous, Aaron told me he would be on the boat watching and if something happened he would jump in and save me.

"Aphmau. You can do this." Aaron told me over and over again. While helping me, making sure I was completely strapped to where my feet should be. "Make sure you give Travis a thumbs up when you're ready."

He walked away and got onto the boat, blowing me a kiss. I sighed taking a deep breath, rising my hand. Giving Travis the thumbs up. He started to move and I balanced myself as he went faster, and after that moment it felt like I was floating on water. I could hear Aaron yell something but couldn't make it out what. However, I could tell he was proud of me. I am also proud of myself too. I got off a while after due to my legs getting tired. It was about one o' clock in the afternoon, so we all headed back to the cabin to pack up. We all had to be ready and leave before four so we can have time to stop and eat dinner together.

"Alright. All bags need to be brought outside and make sure you all don't forget anything here." Katelyn yelled out for everyone to hear. Aaron and I were in our room getting our stuff into our bags. After we did I helped him load everyone's things. We had about an hour until we had to leave so everyone went back inside to relax.

"So Aphmau. You ready to go back home?" Aaron into the room while I was lying on the bed.

"In a way I am but this place was so beautiful." I smiled and sighed while he crawled in behind me.

"I couldn't agree with you more Aph." He gave me a hug and kiss on the neck. "What do you want to do now?"

"Mainly to just relax before we get on the road again. But I could spend the remaining time here with you..." I turned toward him and kissed him back.

"That's good to hear. How about this. I drive most of the way back and you can drive home from the restaurant."

"I like the sound of that plan...."

I kissed him and he did back. Then...