L.M.J.: Found You

soulmate au bc it's really cute and why not

~

Your P.O.V.

The warm, tasty liquid slid easily down my scratchy throat, nearly crying in happiness as the pain slightly went away.

Being sick is actually the worst thing, ever.

I couldn't even go 5 minutes with coughing so much I felt like I was dying.

Taking another sip of the sweetened tea, I picked up my phone, letting the beautiful voice of Lauren Sanderson in her song Oceans relax my exhausted body.

In the oceans,
We've lost
Ourselves...

Preparing to drink some more, I nearly spilled it when my arm began to tingle, glancing down at the skin.

Smiling at the familiar feeling, I watched carefully as a beautiful flower began to take shape, covering the length of my forearm. It was beautiful, with its many curves and intricately drawn petals.

Perks of having a talented ass soulmate.

Sighing, I wrapped the blanket tighter around my shivering frame, gently tracing the figure, feeling the ink melt into my skin, tattoo-like.

Not knowing who my soulmate was actually fucking sucked. Having literally all of my friends happily in a relationship with their own soulmate made me want to yank my hair out.

The only thing I knew about them was that they're an insanely amazing artist. That's it. Just my luck.

Glancing at my phone, I heard my music stop playing, noticing an incoming call from my best friend, Normani.

"Hello?"

"Y/N, where are you? The Ally is almost here, and you aren't. You didn't forget about the meeting today, did you?"

Slamming the mug on the table, I scrambled off the couch and up the stairs, nearly falling multiple times. "Shit, shit, shit. I'll be there ASAP, thanks Mani."

Hanging up the phone, I ran into the bathroom, taking the quickest shower of my life, throwing on some presentable clothes. After brushing my teeth and tossing my hair in a bun, I gathered my things into a purse, before realizing I had no idea where to go. "Shit, shit, fuckity-shit, fuck. Where the fuck even is the meeting?"

Grabbing a sharpie from my desk, I scribbled the address to the coffee place that Normani texted to me on my hands, simultaneously jumping towards the door and yanking my boots on. With a winter coat and scarf tied sloppily around my neck, I exited my apartment, sprinting in the direction of the café.

Thanking God it was only a few blocks away, I exhaled, taking a breather from the run after stopping outside the place. "I fucking hate running." I mumbled, taking one more deep breath before pushing the door open, feeling warmth instantly coat my skin, seeping into my bones.

The café was pretty crowded for 6pm, filled with all sorts of people. Some in suits and dresses, others with pajamas and slippers. I smiled at the sight, the realization that there were so many different people in the world never failing to fascinate me.

Ignoring the feeling of eyes on me, I failed miserably to somewhat fix my hair, walking over to the table Normani was seated at, plopping down tiredly across from her. I removed my coat and shoved my sleeves past my elbows, attempting to relax a bit. "Finally, took you long enough."