Chapter 3: Hologram

"Will you run? Will you stay? Will you choose?
Do you know who I am?
I'm so afraid you'll never understand
There's a part of me still lost out there"
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Scarlett woke up with a start. "Wha? Where?" She said looking around.

"Can't anyone get a good sleep around here?" The Demon asked annoyed.

"You don't sleep." Scarlett retorted. "And why did you have to show me that memory again?" She shuttered.

Close your eyes from the darker side of things

"I did it because you need to know that you've done much worse things than killing three men." The Demon said.

"So you're guilt tripping me?" Scarlett asked.

"Think want ever you want to." The Demon responded.

"Where am I anyways?" Scarlett looked around the darkened room. Any normal person wouldn't be able to see much but outlines of things, but Scarlett wasn't a normal person even by Mutant standards.

The room that she was in had dark wood paneling and carpet covering the floor. There where a few plants in various corners and painting hanging up with a large window to her left. Scarlett herself was in a comfortable bed in non-bloodstained clothes.

"For once I have no clue where we are." The Demon responded.

A shade of grey hidden under sheets

Scarlett pushed the bedcovers off and got out of the bed, intent on exploring her surroundings.

"Careful." The Demon said. "We don't know if there are dangers around."

"Well your the one who looks out for that stuff." Scarlett said. "Is there any danger around?"

"There's always danger around you no matter where you are." The Demon responded.

"Answer the question!" Scarlett snapped, losing patience.

"No danger. Yet." The Demon said.

"That's great." Scarlett said going over to the window. The window looked out over a garden and Scarlett could see someone moving around out there.

"There's seems to a lot of people around," The Demon said. "or rather, a lot of Mutants."

"You mean that there are no humans around here?" Scarlett said sharply, turning form the window.

And I just want to know, yeah I just want to know

"Exactly." Said the Demon. "Can't you feel it? Their energy as every where."

Scarlett closed her eyes and opened her mind to her surroundings. Several different type of energy bombarded her senses. She eyes flew open as soon as she sensed the energies.

"Shit!" She said. "If I need to run I don't think that I'd be able to make it."

"Not on your own." The Demon said. "But with my help...."