Chapter 8: Demons

All my life, I've played like a winner
Now all I see looking back in the mirror
Demons in my head
The Demons in my head
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Scott's P.O.V.

Scott was having a bit of trouble fighting off three different opponents at once. The one called Shadow, he guessed had the ability to teleport via shadows, because he was popping up here and there and was generally being extremely irritating. Scott's main focus was the giant snake that was in front of him, which was looking at him with large unblinking emerald eyes.

"Defeat our enemies, says Keats." Snake said. He was standing in the far corner stroking another snake that was coiled around his neck. The door suddenly slammed open and they all froze and turned to see a man with a short mustache standing in the doorway.

W-what's going on in here?" The man asked. His eye landed on the snake that was looking at him and stumbled back. "What is a large snake doing in here!?"

The snake slid closer to the man who kept backing up. The whole building trembled then and dust rained down from the ceiling.

I don't like this game

"Are you the owner of this place?" Scott asked the man, and the man nodded. "Then get everybody in this building and get them out, this place is most likely going to collapse." Right as he said that, a ceiling beam fell and crushed the snake that was heading towards the door.

"Keats! Said Emily." Snake yelled.

The whole building groaned and Scott jumped out of the hole in the side of the building. Stumbling slightly when he landed wrong on a piece of debris, Scott saw Mystique sitting several feet away with wide eyes. Scarlett was nowhere to be seen.

"Where is she?" Scott yelled. Mystique raised a shaking finger and pointed to Scott's right. Turning his head, Scott saw a large black thing a few feet away.

"Scarlett?" Scott asked stepping forward.

Large membranous wings sprouted out from the back of the creature and they stretched and flapped, causing a gale of wind to erupt.

I... I can see the dirt in your hands

"What the hell?" Scott said stepping backwards as the creature stood to its full height of about seven feet.

Long curling horns protruded from its head curling upwards while two other pairs came from the side of its head. The upper body was solid and looked like it was some sort of plated armor while the bottom was purely dark smoke. The most noticeable thing however, was the six inch claws that where attached to each finger. It roared loudly revealing a mouth full of sharp teeth. The noise caused Scott's head to rattle, and he covered his ears until it subsided.

"Scarlett!" He yelled again. "What's gotten into you!? If I had known that you get all Hulk-like when your attacked like that then I would have brought you with me. Calm down!!!"

Stop right now what you're doing, I know

The monster that was Scarlett turned to face him and curled its lip.

"Scarlett isn't here." It said in a guttural voice.

"What the hell are you and where is Scarlett?" Scott demanded.