Chapter 5: Cedarwood Road

Sleepwalking down the road
Not waking from these dreams
'Cause it's never dead
It's still in my head
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

It took Scarlett about a minute to find Scott who was walking down the hallway.

"Scott!" She said running after him. "Scott." She grabbed his arm.

I was running down the road

"What do you want?" He snapped, jerking his arm out of her grip and facing her.

"I wanted to apologize." Scarlett said. "I know that I was acting like a jerk earlier. I just don't know how to deal with people, human or otherwise."

"Well it's not my problem if you have social issues." Scott said.

"I don't have social issues." Said Scarlett crossing her arms. "I've just been isolated for a large part of my life."

"Isn't isolation what starts social issues?"  Scott asked. "And I don't think that a few years of isolation can make someone's personality complete shit."

The fear was all I knew

"A few decades." Scarlett responded. "I've had plenty of time to hone my personality, thank you very much."

"A few decades?" Scott asked raising an eyebrow. "You look like you're in your twenties. How old are you really?"

"Three things you should never ask a woman." Scarlett said holding up her fingers. "One: what her age is, two: how much they weigh, and three: if they're pregnant. Never ask those questions and you'll get by fine in life."

"I'll keep that in mind." Said Scott as he turned around and continued down the hall. "Why are you even bothering to apologize anyways?"

I was looking for a soul that's real

"I heard about what happened," Scarlett said following him. "to Jean."

Scott stopped so suddenly that Scarlett bumped into him. He turned around and glared at her.

"I don't want sympathy." He snarled. "Much less from you." His hands clenched into fists.

"I lost someone that I cared for to you know." Scarlett said, the faintest glimmer of pain showed in her eyes. "We're not so different as you'd like to believe."

Then I ran into you

"I'm nothing like you." Scott spat. Hey where less than a foot apart and Scarlett didn't need her powers to fell the waves of anger rolling off Scott in waves.

"You have so much anger inside of you." Scarlett said. "Anger and pain. Pain because the person you loved died and you blame yourself for it. Anger because you know that you couldn't have done anything to stop it.

All the green and all the gold

You have two choices, one: let the emotion rule and then eventually destroy you, or two: control them and let them make you stronger. Jean may be dead physically, but a part of her is still there." She tapped Scotts chest, right above his heart. "Don't do anything that she wouldn't approve of."