Chapter Twelve

CHAPTER | TWELVE | ALIZA | POV

 The only thought that was running through my head right now, was what are we getting ourselves into? The voice still hadn't come out of the shadows and Isa's stance still hadn't relaxed, even when I out my hand on his shoulder to try and get him to calm down, he just pushed me behind him as if protecting me from the voice. 

"What's happening?" I seemed to be asking that question a lot tonight and I couldn't help but feel that I had a right to know the answers. While I waited for an answer from either of them, I got none. Was this someone who Isa went school with in Venice or was he part of the Mafia that Isa's friend was in? 

The questions ran through my head and even though I had half a thought to ask them out loud, I knew it would be pushing it. They couldn't even answer my simple question, so I don't expect them to answer those ones either. The silence didn't last very long though as the heavy foot steps of people coming could be heard and even the flick of the main light switch which I'm guessing one of the people who were coming turned on.

 Finally being able to see past the shadows and to the voices face, my heart welled. Scars ran through his face and his nose was slightly crooked which showed that he had obviously been in a lot of fights before. He didn't look much older than us, in fact probably about Isa's age.

The fact that he was smirking at us made me believe that he had some kind of grudge against one of us and it wasn't for a very good reason either. Soon the footsteps died out and about two other men came to stand beside him. 

"Well I could say its nice seeing you man, but that would be a lie, wouldn't it?" The voice started off and began coming closer to us. Isa had now blocked me entirely and I couldn't even see past him that was happening. 

"The feelings mutual." Isa sneered at him and that was something new which I've never seen before. He was usually so calm and collective, even when he was angry he would never loose his cool. But now? 

"Ahh so I see. And why do you hide someone so beautiful as her?" Isa grip on my hand tighten and it was starting to become uncomfortable. I didn't say anything though because I could tell he was angry at what the voice had just said to him; I would have probably felt the same if I was in his place. 

"Shes mine to see. Go look at one of your whore's Alex." So I'm guessing his name is Alex. There was a chuckle coming from in front of Isa at the sound of 'whore's'. I nearly laughed too if I wasn't half scared. I was starting to feel less afraid now as the seconds grew longer.

"Now, now don't be so rude." Alex teased and from what I could hear, there was a smile on his face to show he wasn't the least offended with what Isa had said. 

"Yeah well if you don't mind, we have to get going." At last Isa had said what I've been wanting to for a long time. The fear might be slowly creeping away but that didn't mean I want to stay here in this creepy building which really needs a coat of paint. Beige Perhaps. 

"Why in such a rush? Let us see your wife you're hiding; we heard she's one hell of a sight." And that's when I officially lost it. With all the strength that I had I pushed Isa to the side and showed my face to the rest of the men. I was beyond angry at what they had just described me as. 

"Listen you here you scar faced monster, I'm not some kind of object to which you can say that to! Have you ever heard not to mess with a pregnant woman?! Well you really shouldn't because you've just pissed this one off!" I was now panting and the ridiculous smirks these men were wearing were completely knocked off and it now resembled something along the lines of realisation of what they had just done. Well, a little too late for that now.