Master Spews Venom Part 19

We waited. And waited. Nothing happened for a full two minutes. We we're both breathing so hard and our hearts were pounding. Then it opened and master stood there in the doorway looking for us. We were peeking through the bushes. He was mad. He screamed at the top of his voice louder than we ever had heard him yell.

"You snipes are going to pay! You little criminals! You're going to get it now! You just wait!"

Jack was rolling on the ground behind the hedge, laughing so hard, tears coming out of his eyes just like the time when we watched Mike looking for his tree house. Then master looked at the door which was badly dented, the red paint having been being scraped off. Then he pulled the note off and, gritting his teeth, looked across the street right where we were hiding.

"You just wait you damn criminals. You're going to jail for destroying city property. You hear that Stone! You're going to jail just like your old man did! And you'll end up a drunken bum just like him! I'm going to get you. You just wait!"

Master slammed the door shut.

"Wow was he mad!" I said.

"Let's get outta here," said Jack, "He can't take a joke!"

We ran into the woods and home to bed.