The Indictment Part 27

"Our Father. Who art in heaven. Hallowed be thy name. Thy Kingdom come. Thy will be done. On earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day, our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil, Amen."

"Mr. Brooks!" master yelled after we recited the Lord's Prayer as school began Monday morning. Two men from the church were seated in the room. "It has come to my attention, Mr. Brooks, that certain students in this classroom on Saturday defiled the Lord's sacred altar at the church while supposedly getting ready to practice their altar boy routines in preparation for Sunday masses upcoming.

"It has come to my attention Mr. Brooks that certain individuals were playing tag in the church and committed a most grievous outrage to the sanctity of that house of God by even playing tag on the altar and even jumping over the altar rail.

"And Mr. Brooks, it has come to my attention that one or more of these bad apples who parade their alleged goodness in sacred robes each and every Sunday before the congregation not only jumped over the altar rail but others did the same while trying to catch him or them. "And Mr. Brooks, the devil definitely showed himself in one of these boys in the most horrific of ways.

"And, Mr. Brooks, I will make it my personal mission to find out, conclusively, Mr. Brooks, the exact identity of that malevolent boy who, disregarding and in fact having total contempt for our most sacred ceremonies and sacred articles - he being an altar boy on the surface but a friend of the devil beneath - I will see to it, Mr. Brooks, that this boy's identity and bad acts are made perfectly visible to all and that he will be righteously punished if found guilty by our court today."