Chapter 5~ "The Lodge"

Trigger Warning: slight swearing I guess
Please don't read if you will be triggered, I will add a new list in the beginning of each chapter. Stay Safe friends, DM me if you need to talk. 💗

[unedited]

~Dan~

Lilith glared at the road as she drove in silence lost in thoughts while the other two were joking around and Caitlin was on the midst of a sugar high or a terrible stomach ache.

They pulled into a small parking lot I front of a large cabin looking building with a sign that read, "The Lodge" in white chipping paint. A sickness feeling found its way to Dans stomach, his nerves were going crazy.
"It'll be fine," Caitlin said placing her hand on his shoulder and giving him a small smile. He looked at her with a slightly panicked expression as Lilith locked the car doors behind them and the made their way up the creaky, old wooden stairs that groaned with each step causing Lilith to look down at them with an expression that looked somewhere between worried and hurt, Caitlin to skip steps in fear they they would crack and she'd fall the whole...foot to the ground and Dan just took the steps like a regular human, his mind was too broken to care if he fell, even if it was only a short distance.

Lilith heaved open the door allowing the other two through before careful in closing the door. It was a large room like it held a lot of large groups, tables were set up around the room with nothing on them while others near the back of the room had two people with a stack of papers and a cup of pens and pencils in the corner. The only other people there were the three, the overly enthusiastic guy and a group near the back tables.

"Hellloooo!" An overly excited voice yelled startling the group and causing Dan to yelp and jump back resulting in him tripping into Lilith who wasn't the most coordinated person to begin with and she brought down a nearby table with her resulting in Caitlin's laughter sounding through the nearly empty room.

No one moved as the two sat on the ground red faced with the knocked over table. Dan was the first to get up, giving a hand to Lilith who stood still embarrassed, she picked up her fallen flower crown and held it in her hand nervously as she picked up the sideways table.

Everyone turned back to their normal activities.
"Come on you two. Let's register," Caitlin said leading the way over to the far table.
"Name," the person asked in a bored tone.
"Uh Daniel Howell..." She highlighted his name searched through a stack of papers that a had a post it note that read "Late Entrees" in blue cursive.
She pulled out three papers and handed them to Dan,
"First activity starts tomorrow, have fun, if you need anything all the phone numbers for councilors are on the map." Dan nodded and stepped away as he waited for his friends to get their papers so they could try to figure out where the cabins were.

"Okay...so here's the girls cabin where we're staying....and here's the guys cabin you're staying at..." Caitlin said pointing to the map. "They're not really cabins, they're more like apartments, there's two bedrooms and there's a kitchen and bathroom shared with the room next to yours. They're just called cabins. Come on, we'll drive you there and we'll help you take your stuff to your room," Caitlin explained as Lilith took the keys out of her pocket and guided the trio to the car, Caitlin went to this camp before so she was the only one who had any idea where anything was. 

"Turn left...left....LEFT I SAID LEFT. GODDAMMIT LILITH,"
"I'm sorry!" Lilith yelled back to Caitlin taking a sharp turn flinging everyone in the car.
"Jesus woman..." Dan muttered adjusting his hair and his flower crown.
"There happy?"
"I would be happy if you would've turned when I said."
"Stop yelling at me..." she whispered followed by a soft sniffle.
"Are you crying?" Dan asked as the car pulled into a nearby parking lot.
"Hm no..." He caught a glimpse of her face as she turned away. a few tears escaped causing him to raise a eyebrow, but he didn't push the subject.

"Okay so this is the where you'll be staying Dan, we'll help you carry your stuff. Where's your key?" He took the small envelope out of his pocket and handed it to the girl who actually had any idea what was going on.
"Okay this," She took the small card with a weird geometrical desgin on one side. "Is what you scan to get into buildings and how you pay for food. Your key is obviously your key, and this," She took the three papers from Dan. "This is a map, this is the activities list and this is probably the most important paper, it has all your information, Your room is the 10th door on the 7th floor. Thank god this place has an elevator, Let's get this over with." The other two agreed and started unloading the trunk of Dans stuff. Little did they know, a certain 'surprise' was awaiting them a few yards away.

A/N: AY OH. Sorry this chapter kind of sucks, It's kind of a filler and explains a little bit. I drew a map of camp during Latin but the teacher threw out when we handed in our notebooks for a notebook check. :/ I'm not sure why, I have 104% in that class...Anyway, see you soon wattpad.