9~Breakfast With a Side of Cute Nicknames

Trigger Warning: slight swearing
Please don't read if you will be triggered, I will add a new list in the beginning of each chapter. Stay Safe friends, DM me if you need to talk. 💗

[unedited]

~Dan~

The breakfast hall was packed with high school students who were chatting with their friends about the latest school gossip, or why a boy in pastel was walking with one who wore nothing but black.

A high pitched squeak and soft thud brought Dan to look at a pastel girl he was familiar with, her apple lay on the floor as her hands covered her mouth. The entire cafeteria fell silent staring at the 5 people, Dan, Phil, Tyler, and Lilith whose food lay on the ground and Caitlin who came and stood behind her friend.

Dans face flushed bright red at all the attention.
"Lilith what on Earth are you- oh..." Caitlin glanced up at the odd pair.

Gradually, the volume started to increase as they realized they weren't anything exciting.
"I'm gonna sit with Phil and Tyler if that's okay...?"
"I-wha-huh?" Lilith stuttered out obviously confused on the pastel boys sudden decision to sit with his bully.
"Hey Cait!" Tyler exclaimed pulling Caitlin in for an unexpected hug, causing her to let out an "oof."
"Oh hey Tyler, I thought you weren't coming back?"
"I decided to come back to be with you and Philly here for another summer." Lilith blinked in confusion, "Wait...."
"Well, nice seeing you Tyler, Dan have fun, come on Lilith."

Caitlin quickly picked up Liliths apple and dragged her away from the three boys.
"Wait you know Caitlin?" Dan asked, Tyler nodded and waved it off as if it was nothing.
"Is she only eating an apple?"
"What? Oh Lilith? Yeah she doesn't eat much..."

Dan glanced over to Phil who just shrugged as he picked up a bagel and cup of coffee as he took a seat at a table as Tyler grabbed a plate of French toast and Dan settled with cereal.

Sitting across from the punk he began to quietly munch as Phil and Tyler talked about Tyler's boyfriend who Dan didn't pick up the name of. Staring at the Honey Bunches of Oats in front of him until a hand crossed his view picking a piece from his bowl. With a confused like Dan gazed up at the punk who smiled innocently.
"What? I like cereal..." he defended putting his arms up in surrender.
"Okay," Dan let out a small laugh, "Just don't make a habit of it."
"No promises," Phil winked causing a pink color to flush to Dans cheeks and his heart to speed up.

Silently cursing himself he looked back at his cereal suddenly not interested.
"You okay? Shit did I do something?" Phil asked quickly worried about the pastel boy.
"No I'm okay," Dan answered quickly flashing a smile to Phil before getting up. "I'll be back,"

Taking his unfinished bowl he made his way over to the little area where you drop off your used dishes.
"Hey there." A soft voice sounded from his side causing him to glance over.
"Hi Lilith, what's up?"
"I just came to tell you that I'll be in my cabin, I probably won't be at today's activities..."
"You okay?" She looked at the ground and grabbed her upper arm slightly with a shrug.
"Yeah I'm fine, see ya tomorrow..." she turned and left heading out the door causing dan to look over with a raised eyebrow. Shaking his head he went back to the table.

A loud beeping noise startled Dan causing Phil to chuckle.
"It's alright princess, it's just an announcement." Once again the punk boys words brought a blush to Dans cheeks.
"Today's first activity will be held by the lake at 10 am. It will involve water please dress accordingly."

"You ready Daniel? This activity is a fun one."