Chapter 15-Suspicions and Plans

After Maryse had left the garden, Dylan turned to her, incredulity written all over his face.

"Why didn't you tell me that you had a gorgeous friend?" he asked, excitedly.

"Because, one, I don't know you. Two: that's Maryse we're talking about and let me tell you, it won't be easy to impress her. Good luck to you," Ariana said coldly.

"I might have to kill Salem for not telling me about her. You won't mind, would you?" he asked, half-seriously.

"Now do you want a tour or are you going to keep planning your revenge on him," she asked, mockingly.

"Planning sounds good," he said, and then added quickly, "Though of course I would love a tour."

Ariana nodded and bent her head down to look at Rose, and to hide her smile. It was hard not to like Dylan.

"I come too?" Rose asked hopefully.

"Of course honey," she whispered. Lifting her gaze from Rose's green eyes, she fixed them on Dylan's blue ones.

"Come on, you," she said, walking briskly to the house, Rose's hand still clutched in hers.

After the tour, they went back to their house for lunch. Ariana had been dreading this time. It hadn't been easy eating with her father, now there was Salem and last but not least Dylan. They stepped inside and caught a glimpse of a head with short black hair disappearing through the kitchen door into the lounge. Ariana stopped short, causing Dylan to bump into her. He caught the look on her face and said, with grave sincerity, "Don't worry. It'll be fine, I'm here."

She wondered if he had actually wanted to taunt her but had changed his statement.

"Come on," he said, picking Rose up. It was surprising how much he had fitted into their family even though he had just arrived this morning. She followed him to the kitchen and sat down on the first chair she saw. Salem was sitting opposite her and Dylan beside her, with Rose on his other side.

Salem smiled at her and leaned forward to ask, "Did you show Dylan around?"

Ariana nodded silently. He then turned to Dylan and asked, "Did you like this place?"

Dylan appeared to be thoughtful, saying after a pause, "Yes. I was particularly interested in one thing. And I am actually considering killing you for not telling me anything related to it."

Salem frowned although the smile didn't leave his face. "What was that?"

"Well I'm sure you never thought of telling me that Ariana had a friend who is extremely gorgeous. Is that right?"

Salem looked horrified. "How was I supposed to know that you would think that? I just met her today for a minute or so."

"Save it, buddy. I don't want your apology. I want a plan to impress her," Dylan said dismissively.

Ariana glared at him. He caught her expression and shrugged, "What?"

"This is my friend you're talking about, so watch it," she warned him.

Salem's shoulders shook in silent laughter and Dylan looked dazed.

"That's the Ariana I know," Salem whispered to Dylan, leaning forward on the table on his elbows.

"I am right here," Ariana stated, moving her glare to Salem.

"I know. I wanted to remind you of how you used to be," Salem said, matter-of-factly.

Before she could say anything back, her mother arrived with a platter of rice decorated with potato cubes.

"Lunch is served," she said dramatically, before sitting down beside Salem.