Isolation

Keaton’s POV

November 4, 2013.

This was the day that would haunt me forever and oddly enough it was Maya’s birthday (Marley’s Best Friend) that recently showed up from Canada.  After that little mishap and running away; Maya was here to stay. 

Marley was out with Maya and I was down at the studio with the guys. We were starting recording our second album in between our tour breaks and it was pretty chill. Life was going good at that time….

“Keaton, I need to talk to you” our manager said after I finished recording a verse.

“Sure what’s up?” I asked as we went into a private room.

“I have a concern, and I think we have to do something about it…” he muttered.

“Uh oh, is Wes getting bad publicity cause he wandered off on Halloween and was caught smoking weed in public? I thought he said he would handle...” I muttered before getting cut off.

“Keaton it’s not about Wes, it’s about you.”

“Oh.”

“You see, your girlfriend Marley; right? You two are spending way too much time together.”

“I’m sorry I will focus more, I will try my…” I was cut off again.

“I know you think that but, it’s getting out of control. You are constantly running late, forgetting work, messing up lyrics. Truth be told, you don’t seem to care about the band anymore. You are obsessing over this nobody and its bringing the whole band down. You know we are 1 month behind on the new album right? It’s mainly because you have been so late in recording the vocals.”

“Sir I’m sorry but what am I supposed to do?” I asked feeling hurt.

“I’m sorry that it has to come to this but… You are going to have to break up with her. You can either choose your teen romance or the fate of your careers” he muttered.

Break up with Marley? The girl I truly care about or my career? How could I ever choose? I care so much about both.

“So what is it going to be? The girl who might end up breaking up with you in the future or make your career solid? Millions of screaming fans, playing music night after night, and making millions of dollars… You could have any girl, maybe even a few girls any day or night you want. If you have fame and fans anyone is willing to take her place.”

I really do love Marley, but the band is my future. If things don’t work out between me and Marley what will I have? Nothing; I can’t believe I have to do this…

“Well I-I-I choose the band” I said looking down at my feet.

“Good choice my friend, so you don’t worry about the break up we have a plan. You truly care about her correct?” he asked.

“Yes, I do. I care about her very much.”

“So if you had to face her there would be a chance you would change your mind?”

“I believe so…”

“Well then we will just isolate her, act like her never existed. We will get you a new number, new house, new everything. Except twitter, we have to keep that, we can just block her for you” he smiled taking my phone.

“So I have to just pretend she never existed?” I asked looking confused. That was going to hurt her if I did that. I don’t want to hurt her.

“Exactly, now you get the idea!”

I can’t believe I have to do this….

Marley’s POV

*3 weeks later*

What the heck, ever since that day Maya came back I have not heard from Keaton. I tried calling, texting, emailing him but he must have changed that all.

Why would he do that, I thought he cared about me? I went to their house yesterday and it was all packed up. The neighbours told me they had moved but I don’t know where.

Keaton was completely ignoring me; did I do something wrong?

All was lost until I watched an interview on TV…

“Welcome back to Good Day New York, we are back with Emblem3’s Keaton, Wes, and Drew!” The lady said.

“So straight to the next question; any girlfriends?” she asked

“Well I’m dating Carly, obviously everyone knows that now” Wes smiled.

“Hehe, I would not call it a girlfriend. More like Friends with benefits” Drew said talking about this girl he had been somewhat dating the past few weeks.

“No, I’m not dating anyone. Not really looking yet” Keaton shrugged.

“What?!” I yelled dropping my tea on myself.

“Well what happened to that beautiful girl you had been with the past few months?” the lady asked.

“I’m Sorry; who?”

The lady pulled up a picture of him kissing me on the cheek off of his Instagram.

“Oh her, yeah, she was just someone I used to know. It was flirty, nothing serious. It is okay, we moved on from it. I just realized I had to work on my career more so we sat down and called it quits. She was fine with it” Keaton said forcing a smile while lying through his teeth.

“You lying son of….” I muttered while turning off the TV.

I was so pissed off I called Maya and told her what happened.

I got changed into a black tank top, and acid washed jean shorts. I laced up mu black low tops and left my hair down and wavy like normal.

Within minutes Maya arrived, a bubbly blonde with deep brown eyes. Maya was angry though, you could tell. She had black shredded short shorts and a red loose frilly tank top. When she was really mad she wore these dark and expensive clothes, usually always black and red. Her earrings were silver skulls and she wore black leather gloves with studs. She looked like a model for a designer biker line.

“Let’s go, now. No one does shit like this to MY best friend!” she roared.

We headed to the pier; I had some confronting to do.

I saw Tyler on the beach waxing his board. Maya went straight for the approach kicking her blood red TOMS against the sand.

“Tyler Case, I got some questions to ask you” she said pushing him away from the board.

“Whoa who are you?” he asked Maya.

“She’s my best friend” I said coming out from the background.

“Marley, Keaton told me to not talk to you” he frowned.

“You don’t have to god damn talk to her, you can talk to me!” Maya yelled.

“Calm down, I’m not a bad person. I’m just the friend here.”

“You are going to tell us what we God Damn want to know, and we want it now!”

“Okay then, ask away, but first can you let go of my shirt? It makes me kind of uncomfortable…” Tyler muttered to Maya.

Maya let go of him and asked,

“Why did Keaton run off and isolate Marley?”

“I don’t know, he won’t tell me. He just said that something happened and he can’t be with her anymore. He told me not to talk to her because it would hurt her even more; that it would make things worse and even more awkward.”

“So they moved? Where?” I asked.

“I can’t tell you…”

“TELL US DAMN IT!” Maya yelled pulling Tyler’s shirt.

“Whoa you are going to stretch my shirt calm down, but here is the address” Tyler said after typing it down in my phone.

“Thanks Tyler” I smiled as we headed off.