night//fifteen

Tonight I found Gerard weeping on the curb, one near my house. My heart tugged, and I ran the rest of the way towards him, tackling him down into the grass, in a tight hug, holding him close to me. I was laying on top of him, hugging him close, and he finally hugged me back, and we sat up together. I let him cry on my shoulder, making it oddly cold as the wind blew against my wet, tear-stained shirt.

"I'm sorry Frank," he whispered, clutching my shirt in his slim, pale fingers. I rubbed his back and whispered comforting things to him, assuring him it would be okay. He just shook his head. "It's not okay, it's not, it's not, it's not it's not. . ." he trailed off, still mumbling the words under his breath.

"And why won't it be?" I asked him as he look up at me. I tucked a lock of his sky black hair behind his ear, and scanned his eyes for any stars. There weren't any tonight, they were blocked by giant beasts as they rained, the rain slipping down onto his pink cheeks.

"You don't need to know this yet. Don't blame her, and don't blame the giant beasts," He told me. Don't blame the moon or the clouds? Why would I blame them? They were my friends now. "Do you fall in love easily Frank, or quickly?"

"I. . . I don't think I do," I told him softly, knitting my eyebrows together in worry. He seemed to let out a sigh of relief, and pulled me into another hug. 

"Good," Gerard whispered, pulling me close to him, resting his chin on top of my head. I stayed there listened to his steady heartbeat. But there was a problem with that. I didn't hear anything.