night//seventeen

The next night I went outside the second the sky turned black to look for Gerard. I found him underneath the tree in my yard, looking up at the full moon, his eyes sparkling with an unexplained happiness as he motioned for me to lay next to him, which I gladly did.

"Hi, Gee," I told him, planting a kiss on his pale jaw. He smiled and turned to look at me, the constellations he calls his eyes staring back at me, twinkling like the stars. He placed a feather-light kiss on the tip of my nose, causing me to giggle like a fucking schoolgirl.

"Don't fall in love with me, Frankie. You can't," He tells me, pulling me closer into his side, thoroughly confusing me, I shake my head and ask him why, because I want to fall in love with him. "She'll take me home." I don't say anything else, because I've learned his true love is the moon, and his children are the stars, but he's having an affair with me.

"I'm sorry, Gerard, but I can't control who I fall in love with," I tell him, speaking quietly. I could tell he frowned at this, I didn't even have to see him to know this.

"Then don't fall in love with me, just step into love with me, falling hurts," He told me, brushing hair out of my face.

"I can do that," I assured him, yawning loudly. "I'm tired" Gerard laughed and moved us around so we were in a more comfortable position. He kissed the top of my head, and held me tightly.

"Then go to sleep."

"Will you be here when I wake up?"

"You already know the answer to that."

He's right. I did. I knew he'd be gone when I woke up. That's the only time I saw him, when the moon was out.