night//twenty-two

Tonight was my last night with him. I knew it, and I'm pretty sure he knew it too. He embraced me in a hug as soon as he saw me this night, for the last time, and I started crying, sobbing, even. He held me for at least an hour, and within that time I swear he got colder, he felt more like the beasts filling the sky, rather than the moon above them.

"Don't forget me," He finally whispered softly, pulling away to brush some hair out of my face. "Please don't, look up at the sky every night and make wishes to the stars for me."

"I won't Gerard, I could never forget you. And I'll wish for you every night," I told him.

"You wished for your car to start and I was the result of that wish," He began, tucking his hands into the pockets of my hoodie. "I didn't help fix it, so I was stuck here until you made another wish. . . but the one you made was bad. I have to leave because of it. I helped your wish come true so my time here is done."

"That's not fair!" I exclaimed, a whole new set of tears filing up in my eyes.

"Nothing is fair, love. Just. . ." His image flickered, and I couldn't see him for a split second. "I'm sorry this is how it had to end. I love you Frank, never forget that. Never forget me."

"I love you too." That's why he was leaving. "Don't forget me."

"I won't, you're my one exception." And then, just like that, he was gone, and so was every part of me.

- Q&A next part, along with an epilogue

kota //