Blue?

Maya wouldn't stop staring at me. She made us sit in the window and I made a huge mistake.

She leaned towards me trying to figure out what just happened. "Riles."

I look at her and force a half smile. "Yes."

"Blue?" she asks tilting her head a bit.

My cheeks begin to burn and I get up to sit on my bed. I groan and put my face in my hands.

"I'm not mad at you," my best friend told me. "But if you felt that way about him why didn't you come to me?"

I stared at my hands wishing I could take it all back. "I couldn't tell you when I couldn't even admit it to myself," I replied quietly.

She went over to me and sat next to me letting me put my head on her shoulder. We just sat there letting everything sink in. I sighed. "What do I do?" I asked sitting up to look at Maya.

"Well," she said while tucking my hair behind my ear. "You really need to talk to both of them."

"Why?" I interjected. "Just because I mixed up their eye color doesn't mean I'm in love with Farkle."

She gave me a weak chuckle. "Yeah, but that might mean you aren't as in love with Lucas was you think you are. Plus, you were describing his eyes as 'the most beautiful you've ever seen," she reminded me.

"Maya I can't like Farkle."

"Why not? It's not like he has a girlfriend."

I hung my head. "I know that. I just want to be sure about my feelings before I do anything." I felt my heart sink as I realized something. "Maya what if this starts another triangle? I can't hurt either of them."

The blonde picked at the ends of her hair. "Then do the two things we had such a hard time doing."

I looked at her before she continued, "First of all you guys have to talk. You guys can't just ignore it and hope it goes away because that's not how feelings work. And second you have to make s choice."

I look at her helplessly. "I can't hurt them," I barley managed to whisper.

"No," she sternly told me as she shook her head. "People will get hurt when it comes to feelings that's just how it is. Besides there might not even be a triangle this time."

"What makes you say that?"

She smiles and pulled me toward her. "Just a feeling."

"Maya?"

"Yes honey?"

"I think I really like Frakle."

"I know."

I turn to her. "How do you know that?"

"Because you guys have always been a bit more than just friends. I think you guys were just too scared to admit it."

"So he likes me?"

She laughs a little. "Since the first grade, Riles. And I think you have exactly the same feelings. I also think that Lucas, not that it's his fault or anything, but he distracted you. As nice as Huckleberry is you guys agree on practically everything. You need someone who makes you think. And I'm pretty sure that's Farkle."

I just sit there thinking about it. I should've just said green. Then I wouldn't have had to admit my feelings. I had them kept away and it would've made everything easier. But maybe it's a good thing I said blue. Besides I really do love getting lost in his blue eyes and I think it's time I admitted it.