Chapter 3:

John instantly flipped off the lamp in his room, so Mimi assumed he was sleeping. He pulled his window open and hastily climbed out of it, as he had done several times before. He glanced down and around at his surroundings, making sure that nothing could wake Mimi up and carefully began to climb down the drainpipe.

Once he reached the ground, he quietly tip-toed over to the white fence that was separating his and Olivia's backyard and slipped through two of the broken wood panels as before. When he got to the side of her house, he tilted his head back, his eyes following up the drainpipe heading up to Olivia's window as a devious smile appeared on his face.

John had been up this drain pipe so many countless times in his lifetime and the more his memories invaded his mind, he suddenly realised that it was quite some time since he had snuck in to see her.

He firmly clasped the drainpipe with his bare hands, ensuring his grip was steady and started to climb up the side of her house carefully. While he had ascended, he halted in a few places where it started to wobble, laughing to himself if he caused this drainpipe to break.

Just as he arrived at her window, he tried to pull it open, but it would not budge.  John grumbled to himself and sighed, 'She never locks her window' he thought. He kept a steady and firm grip on the drainpipe, his eyes shifting down, praying and hoping that this was not the time for it to break.

Olivia slipped a silky pink nightgown over her head, letting it fall over the curvature of her body and loosened the hair out of her ponytail. She reached for her handheld brush on her vanity, picking it up, stroking it gently through her hair.

Today had been a very long, exhausting and tiresome day, and regardless of the events, her mind focused on John. Although she was upset at him, she couldn't help but wonder what he was currently doing. It was the first time in her life that she hadn't spent the day with John and wondered how things went. Just as she was sitting on her bed pondering about him and his whereabouts, there was a soft and quiet knock on her window that startled her.

She set down her brush, strolled to her window and quickly pushed opened the drapes. Her mouth gaped open as she saw John hanging on the side of her house, dangling on the drainpipe, "What are ya doin' here?"

"Open the bloody window!" He threw a half-smile to her as he nervously peered down at the ground below him, meeting his eyes back at hers.

She crossed her arms in annoyance, grimacing at him through the window, "I don't want to see you, John."

"I don't give a fuck!" He angrily furrowed his eyebrows, pointing the finger at her as he pursed his lips, "Open this bloody window, or I'll bash it meself!"

Olivia threw John a nasty and icy cold glare, hesitantly pulling the window open, watching John stumble through it. She made her way over to her bed and plopped on it, "What do you want then?"

When John climbed through the window, a more lovely sight awaited him. There sat the beautiful Olivia. Her beige legs exposed through her nightgown and her long ebony hair fell to her back. Her lips were carefully tinted a soft carnation pink, and her skin was smooth and flawless. His aesthetic senses came alive; her beauty struck him. The combination of her colours was pleasing to his eyes as he stared. That same warm feeling came over him again, becoming speechless.

Her eyes studied John as he just stood there with a stupid and lost smile on his face as he blankly stared her way. It was beginning to make her feel very uncomfortable, not understanding what was going on and what he was doing here. She walked up to him and stood in his view, tilting her head, "Hello, anyone in there?"

John realised he must have been standing there coming across like a complete fool for a few minutes. A warm smile spread across his face, "Ah, just waitin' for you to come close to me; that's all."