Chapter 42:

The moment John left, Olivia regretted not telling John at the most perfect moment about the pregnancy. It was exactly how she envisioned it to be when she broke the news to him. Instead, her anxiety got the best of her, keeping her closed up and she could feel he sensed that. John tried to pry but she wasn't letting him in. 'This is why he's consistently upset with me,' she thought to herself. 'I have to trust him completely and tell him everything or else we won't work,' she closed her eyes, repeating that in her mind. No wonder John always doubted her in the back of his mind - he never knew what was going on in hers.

Twenty minutes later, there was an abrupt knock at the door, completely ridding her thoughts. She sprung from the sofa and to her feet, strolling to the door, "I have it, Mimi!"

When she opened the door, there stood a tall, sandy blonde-haired man, "Olivia, I presume?"

His blue eyes stared into hers curiously, "Yes, are you Neil?"

"So he did mention me then," He smiled, extending a hand out to her, "Neil Aspinall, great to meet you, finally. I've heard so many things."

She shook his hand and smiled, "Good things, I hope?"

"Always good things," he walked alongside her down the path from Mimi's house and to the curb where a 1960 Commer van was parked.

Olivia's eyes widened in almost disgust, "Is that your car?"

A tint of pink flushed to his cheeks, a little embarrassed, "Not technically but the lads, I suppose.

The van was brush-painted red and grey from top to bottom. There were names of girls painted on there, appearing as if they painted their names on the vans themselves alongside saying such as I Love You, John, Marry Me, Paul, We Love You George, and Pete IS the Best.

"Did you write that? As part of a promo?" She couldn't help the laugh that emerged from her lips.

Neil shook his head once again and chuckled, "We went to a gig and came out and that is what the birds wrote on it. John and Paul thought it was hilarious and perhaps a good idea to keep it."

"Of course they did," she rolled her eyes back as she thought of John.

"Hop on in!" Neil slid the passenger door van open, startling Olivia a little, not realizing how loud and creaky it would be, "Sorry, this one's seen better days."

She crawled inside the van, stepped inside, and slid into the bench seat just behind Neil. For only being two years old, the van had seemed to be quite beaten. The carpeted floors had small holes, mainly from cigarette burns, the paint was worn from the inside, and the original interior of the seats began to wear.

"I'd have ya sit up here in the passenger seat but it's not bolted all the way," He hopped in the driver's seat, placed the key in the ignition, and turned the vehicle on.

The sound of the engine and the condition of the van made Olivia quite nervous, unsure if they were ever going to make it to this gig.

The radio was low and blurring sound; muffled voices jerking in and out of the connection. Olivia's eyes stared out the window once more, gazing at the deepened orange-red sunset that was beginning to make its way down on the horizon. Even though the window was cold and wet with fat, juicy droplets of condensation dripping down, staring at the warmth of the sun suddenly made the cold air seem a little warmer.

The silence between them began to annoy Olivia, "So, Neil... how is it you know John?"

His eyes stayed on the road but slightly turned it, so he would be able to hear her through the loud and roaring engine, "Through Paul and George, actually. I went to school with them. I met John when he was still goin' to Uni," he shifted his eyes to his window, watching the different cars, "We used to all have lunch together while he was in Uni."