Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

I walked across the empty grounds of Warped, watching as the crew set up for the day. It was early, but people were already lined up outside. It was amazing to see how dedicated people could be to music.

Some of the bands were doing sound check at the main stage so I stopped by and listened, deciding to take a few shots of the action before it got crazy later on. I sat on the side of the stage with my camera listening to This Wild Life as they tuned up and practiced.

"Alright that's a wrap guys. Your sets at 1:00. Alright next is Asking Alexandria!"

I raised my head at the name, Asking Alexandria had always been a great band. The guys and I had been good friends a few years back but I doubt they remembered me now. I had heard that their front man Danny Worsnop had left the band and that they had gotten a new lead singer, but I couldn't remember the name.

I thought about it as I watched them come onto the stage, setting up their instruments. The lead singer was really familiar, and I had the feeling that I knew him from somewhere, but I brushed it off as nothing.

Once they had checked everything, they ran through their new song, I won't give in. That voice, it sent shivers down my spine. I felt waves of déjà vu passing over me, but I still couldn't figure it out.

Once the band finished, I went up to them to see if they remembered me, and to let them know that I would be available throughout the tour is they ever needed a photographer.

"Holy shit it's you!" Ben Bruce laughed as I walked up to them. "How's it going kid?"

"Hey I'm not a kid anymore, I'm twenty two Bruce."

"Cameron get your ass over here! Look who it is," Ben yelled over to his band mates.

The guys came over and hugged me, and we talked for a good five minutes about what had been going on in their lives and mine.

"Oh by the way, I'm sorry to hear about you guys and Danny," I said, fiddling with my camera strap.

"It's alright love, there's no bad blood between any of us so that's good. And our new guy is great."

"That's good. I don't think I've met him yet," I yawned.

Ben raised an eyebrow at me and I shot him a confused look. "Oh ho trust me, you've met him."

"He looked and sounded familiar but I have no clue who he is. Who is your new singer?"

"It's—" Ben was cut off by the singer.

"It's me," the singer said.

I studied his features. Everything about him was so familiar, and I felt almost drawn to him.

"And who exactly are you?" I asked.

"Dennis, Dennis Stoff."