Chapter 12

CHAPTER 12

~~~Dennis's Point of View~~~

How could I have been so stupid? I should have known better, did I really expect for her to stay single all these years in the hope that I would come back for her? Of course she moved on! She's finally happy, but it kills me to see her happy with someone else.

I wanted her back. Even though I could see that she was happy with Ben now, I could tell that there was still a part of her that wanted me back as well. What we had was special, she couldn't have just let that all go.

I screwed it all up. I could've taken her with me. But I knew she wouldn't like that. She didn't want to leave everything she had ever known. Even though she kind of hated it, she didn't want to leave it all behind. She didn't want to have to start over. I understood that, and that's why I never asked.

I didn't want to screw up what she had going for her now, but I wanted to have her back. I wanted a second chance of what could have been. I felt like somehow I was going to end up hurting her again, and I didn't want that. I wanted her to be happy, but I also wanted her to be with me.

~~~~~~~

Ben walked onto the bus, giving me a weird look. "What's wrong man?"

"Nothing, I'm just thinking," I replied, leaning further into the couch.

"Dennis I know something is bothering you. Since the first week of tour, I've noticed it, but I never wanted to say anything about it. I thought you would be able to figure it out on your own. But lately it seems to be bothering you even more. We're worried about you man," he sat down next to me.

"Nothing's wrong Ben," I lied, "I'm perfectly fine."

"That is such bullshit Dennis. You can't possibly expect me to buy that. What's bothering you?"

"I've just been thinking a lot. About things that I thought I could try to leave in the past—"

"This is about Allison isn't it," he said.

"How'd you figure that out?"

"Well I'm not a fucking idiot. I've been around you almost every time that you have this summer. I've seen how you've looked at her, how she's looked at you, and I've seen her and Barlow together," Ben said. "So what happened?"

"I told her how I felt before. About how I never stopped loving her, about how I wanted another chance, and things like that," I said,

"Not exactly a smart move," Ben got up and grabbed two beers out of the fridge, passing one to me.

"I know but—"

"Listen, you know she's with Barlow now. I've seen how much you guys love each other in the past I've seen how much you both still love each other now. But I've also seen how she is with Ben and how happy he makes her. I've seen her telling Lynn about both of you, and trying to figure out what to do," he cut me off.

"What do you mean talking to Lynn about it?" I asked.

"Nothing that you need to know about," he answered. I tried to speak, but he stopped me, "You have really screwed up man. Even all these years later she still cares, and it's making her question everything. And as much as I want you to be happy man, I want her to be too. She's a nice person. She doesn't deserve the confusion that you're causing her. You two were amazing together, but I think she needs to have this for now."

I sighed, knowing that he was right. "As corny as it sounds, if it's meant to be, then it's meant to be. If you two are supposed to be together, then you'll find a way to be together again. For now just try to hold it together, okay?"

"Alright," I said quietly.

A/N: I saw Asking for the second time on Monday.  Amazing show.  Danny was great.  Anyways enjoy