Sick

It took two weeks to get the house, and there was so many boxes in our house, nothing was unpacked except for our beds and the couch. Sofia was asleep upstairs in her room, the one that was painted baby pink and she loved it. She had been so excited when they moved all her things inside the room. 

Kalum was just leaving when I cleaned up our kitchen from unpacking everything in that room when I heard coughing coming from upstairs. I frowned and moved towards the stairs, looking up as I listened, it was clear someone upstairs was coughing and I knew immediately it was Sofia.

I moved upstairs and looking into her room, she was still asleep in her room but I could see the sweat beading on her forehead. I walked inside and pulled the thick blankets back, pressing my hand to her sweaty forehead. I almost cringed feeling the heat radiating off of her little body.

I rushed over to the bathroom, I kept some children's medication on me from when Maddie stayed at my place years ago and checked the expiration date, it was on its last year, but I shook it up and suctioned out the right amount to give to her, returning to her bedroom where she lay curled up in a ball.

"Sof?" I rubbed her back and frowned when she coughed, rolling over into my side.

"Owie." She cried out, putting her hand on her head when she hit onto my side. I leaned down and kissed her head softly before bringing the medical syringe towards her.

"Here baby, this will make you feel better." I brought the plastic syringe towards her, promoting her to open her mouth. She took it like a champ and then took the plastic sippy cup from me and drank the water down. I stayed sitting on her bed until she fell asleep, which took only a few moments before I left, going back downstairs.

It had only been an hour before I heard cries coming from upstairs and found her sitting in the middle of her bed, covered in puke as tears flowed down her flushed little face.

I changed her sheets, got some more medication into her and tried to get her to eat something, but she refused, her poor little tummy was sore and she hated it. This happened a few more times before I gave in and called the doctors office I attended, hoping their pediatric doctor was in today. 

When she finally settled back down, I called them and was able to get an appointment in the afternoon. 

I managed to get her to eat a handful of animal crackers on the way to the doctors office, which was good enough, but she drank a lot of water. She fell asleep half way there and I carried her into the room, checking her in and then sitting down with my sick child sitting on my lap.

UPDATED: VALENTINES DAY 2016