32

I walked over to the edge of the pool where Sofias fingers clung to the side of the cool. I could feel the coolness from the pool sneaking onto my skin, there was large, visable goose bumbs forming on her pale skin. She giggled and reached out to dump some water on my foot and I jumped back, laughing slightly.

"Cmon mommy, get in!" I groaned, looking down at her. I slowly lowered myself to the ground and extended my legs into the pool, the cold water clung to my skin and made me shiver, how could she stand this?

"In more, momma!" She called, gripping tighter to the wall as she started to slip, it wasnt too deep but it would go over her head. I looked over at her and shook my head, this is was far as I was going. Sofia whined and looked up at me with big, puppy eyes. I smiled, rolling my eyes at her. 

I reached over into my bag and pulled out a sinking toy I had found in my suitcase from when I took Maddie to the beach a while ago, I tossed it into the water and she clapped. She let go of the ledge and pushed off of the side of the pool with as much force she could. I watched her struggle to dog pattle to the middle of the pool after the toy. 

The bright pink toy sank to the bottom of the blue pool and she was out of breath just getting there. her chin was almost under the water as she tried to keep her head above water. I watched her try and pick it up with her toes, but failed. 

I turned my torso around and pulled my legs from the water, standing up on the tile. I carefully walked over to my bag, searching for my phone. It took me a minute but when I got it out, I turned back around and walked over to the pool end. She had dived down to the bottom to reach it, she was wiggling around in the bottom of the water for a second, the bubbles coming from the water seemed like she was giggling. I opened instagram as fast as I could, trying to get this cute moment on tap but by the time i got there, she had stopped making the bubbles and was just chilling on the buttom. I thought she was playing some sort of game, but I was deeply wrong.

The bubbles at stopped for seconds, she stopped moving and the toy that had been clenched in her hand dropped, hitting the bottom again.

"Sofia??" I called out, splashing the top of the water with my foot. My heart sank into my stomach as I dropped my phone onto the tile, diving into the water.

--------

hehehe i feel really evil. lol i love you guys so so much xx