22

Demi's POV:

The door bell rang and I hopped up, running to the door. The bell startled almost asleep Sofia and she jerked awake, blinking her eyes. I pushed open the door and was attacked by Marissas body attacting to mine. I fall on my ass laughing, my head hitting against the floor gently. Marissa was kissing my cheek and hugging my tight as if she hadnt seen me the other day.

I heard loud footsteps and Sofias adorable giggle before her small weight was added to the pile on top of me. I smiled to myself and wrapped my arms around both of them, squeezing them against me.

"Auntie Marissa! You came! I missed you!" Sofia screamed loudly. I let go of them and covered my ears.

"Fia, calm down!" I said, still laughing to myself. Marissa climbed off me and stood up, helping me up. Sofia hugged Marissas legs as tight as she could until Marissa picked her little body off the floor and threw her over her shoulder, running around my living room.

---

They were sitting on the couch throwing popcorn at me, my little girl was her normal self for one minute until grumpy pants came stomping down the stairs and into the living room, glaring at us. Marissa and Sofia went still and quiet before I noticed him there in the doorway. I looked down at my feet and frowned at myself, looking back up at him.

"Could you guys just be quiet? Im trying to sleep." He scowled and walked to the kitchen, hearing him clink around in the cuoboards.

"Woah hes being an asshole today." I mumbled, turning back to the movie we were watching, some princess barbie Sofia asked for.

---

Hours later, after we decided to stay in when it started to rain again, we were looking threw flights online. When I had finally decided on two first class tickets, Marissa went upstairs to put Sofia to bed. Then she was going to help me pack my clothes and work on Sofias clothes that were all freshly washed.

I closed my laptop and laid back against the couch when I felt someone sit next to me. Kalum was sitting there, his eyes watching me. He gave me a smile, trying to feed me a spoon of cereal which I took, glad to see that he was back to his normal self. I chewed on the cereal and laid with my head on his chest, sitting there with him for a while.

20 minutes into a tv show we had been watching, Marissa came downstairs and awkwardly walking into the living room.

"uuh babe, you wanna come pack now?" She asked, looking down at the floor and at me. I nodded and kissed Kalum quickly before following Marissa upstairs, the gulty look on her face was confusing me.

"Mar, whats wrong?" I asked when we got to my room, sitting down on my bed. She pulled my suitcase from under my bed and nodded silenly. I started to fold clothes, pushing them down in my suitcase. I shrugged and continued packing shirts and shorts into my case.

When we finished mine, we started packing Sofias mini suitcase, the miniture verison of mine. I smiled at all her tiny clothes, remembering how small she was and probably would be for the rest of her life. I packed small amouths of toys in plastic bags, extra pull ups and all that jazz before finishing off and putting them away at the end of the bed. Marissa left with a small bye and to text her later, saying Ill see her after I got back next week.

---

Two days later, I set my alarm for 5 am that Thursday. I struggled to get out of my bed, this was way to fucking early. I pushed my hair back into a pony tail, leaving my sweatpants and t-shirt on. I applied a light foundation and some mascara. I grabbed the suitcases and brought them to the top of the stairs, watching my baby boy sleeping in our bed. I frowned and leaned over, pecking his lips softly.